Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals

This is a discussion on Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Trooper fired from chopper to stop truck, kills 2 - Yahoo! News Kind of wierd one, shoots at truck to shoot out tires from a ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Bad-Cop shoots at truck tires, kills illegals

Trooper fired from chopper to stop truck, kills 2 - Yahoo! News

Kind of wierd one, shoots at truck to shoot out tires from a helicopter of all things, kills 2 illegals.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

oops...sorry. Next time, emigrate legally...and you won't have to travel in the bed of a pick-up truck, speeding, at night...

Stupid should be painful.

Trooper--letter of counseling; retraining on use of force. But hey, two hits from a helo at speed...definitely hit what he was aiming at.

Sorry if this seems callous...but I'm tired of illegals killing Americans. The Guatemalan (pick a country) consulate doesn't care if their people kill Americans...
    bigmacque, mkh, msgt/ret and 28 others like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Forgetting for a moment that people were inside the covered bed of the vehicle, irrespective of their political/national status ...

The term "reckless" is used to describe the velocity of the vehicle, though no speed is given. The term "hunch" is given for the level of certainty in the minds of LE as to what the pickup had under the covers. And then a dozen paragraphs of quotes from "experts" and reps in LE (and elsewhere) state it was a questionable move to "use deadly force" to attempt to stop the vehicle, they must've known there were people there, etc. The news article sounds like a hatchet job on the officers who took action on-scene.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

+1 what ccw9mm said...

Here's the question I have: Is the decision to open fire on a moving vehicles tires from a helo made by the officers on-scene or a supervisor/watch commander?

This is a dicey situation......
    Hopyard and Miamieddie like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Yeah, it is bad. A person should be hitting what they're aiming at, or not shooting. This wasn't a self-defense situation.

I'm tired of illegals killing Americans
    I'm tired of speeding drivers killing Americans. That said, I don't secretly hope you get shot the next time you speed.

Sorry if this seems callous
    It is callous. Justifying suffering of one group of people because of what other people have done is probably one of the greatest ills on the planet.
    spend more fighting Ebola than on Thanksgiving dinner. Be grateful it's being fought there, so we don't have to fight it here.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell.. (and gumption) It's an untapped technology.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    Trooper fired from chopper to stop truck, kills 2 - Yahoo! News

Kind of wierd one, shoots at truck to shoot out tires from a helicopter of all things, kills 2 illegals.

Holy crap, batman! They're hiding illegals in the tires, now!!???

VIP Member
    From a helicopter, there is no such thing as a sharpshooter.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Lead Moderator
    Not many details on why the truck was shot at. Could be it was headed toward a interstate or other populated area and others could be involved in an accident. Illegals breaking the law rolled the dice and lost. Close the border, take a hard line on those who sneak in and this sort of thing may not happen.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

mkh
    It's sad but "stuff" happens.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I live right down the road from La Joya,the border is about 2 miles South of the Highway,High speed chases by Border Patrol and other LEO agencies are normal,either drug or Illegal smugglers.
    What if one or more of these vehicles were carrying Terrorists an d Explosives into the United States to carry out attacks?How do you know who is and isn't a threat to our Country.
    IMHO anybody attempting to enter the US Illegally that when ordered to stop and tries to run should be stopped with deadly force.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Holy crap, batman! They're hiding illegals in the tires, now!!???
    Really?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The Guatamalans in my area are generally hard-working people who keep to themselves and do not cause problems. Some of the island imports are another story altogether.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Close the border, take a hard line on those who sneak in and this sort of thing may not happen.
    Exactly. With full notice that it's a no-man's-land along the strip of the borders, interlopers will be fully aware of the consequences of breaching the border. Until then, it's this politically-charged, cat-and-mouse witch hunt down there, with ugly casualties on all sides. Lose/lose, the way we're doing it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Kill 'em all, let God sort them out, huh? Lucky for us the Indians didn't have ARs. Look what they did to Custer with a simple lever action.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links