TX Pharmacist with .22LR: I wish I had my .357. Video.

This is a discussion on TX Pharmacist with .22LR: I wish I had my .357. Video. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man Defends Life With a .22LR Pistol [video] | Dustin Ellermann...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By paramedic70002
  • 2 Post By QKShooter

Thread: TX Pharmacist with .22LR: I wish I had my .357. Video.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

QKShooter likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I wish he had his .357 also

I never want to think "I wish I had my (fill in bigger caliber here)", so I don't carry any small calibers. Glad he made it out alive.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Ouch, he still got badly beaten. The way the failed legal system is, the bad guy will probably get medical care, then come to the same pharmacist for a prescription fill.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Wish he had had his 357 also. Looked like it may have at least been enough to stop the viscous attack. Hopefully the robber will need medical attention if he was hit in the torso and get caught....

Administrator
    Everybody should watch that short video.
    The pharmacist stated that he shot the druggie with a .22 derringer in the torso. Exact location unknown.
    He did not say if he hit the perp once or twice.
    Possibly if he had a .22 semi-auto and he would have put 8 or 10 into the guy the outcome might have been different.

My intention is not to toss fuel on the fire with regard to the .22 LR for self-defense debate.

But, folks should see the video to see just how badly this poor guy was beat with a tire iron in the act of being in compliance with the perps demands.

That is Point #1 WHAT? is point #1 - Complete submissive compliance is no guarantee that you will survive a deadly encounter...especially these days.

Point #2 would be NOTICE how his arm is broken as he obviously used it to block deadly blows from the tire iron in order to protect his head.
    Point #2 Part 2 - Imagine carrying a semi-auto firearm with an empty chamber and attempting to jack a round into the barrel chamber with a busted arm while the bad guy is continuing to smash your face in with an iron bar.

Exactly what that pharmacist looks like...that is what you will look like. Or you might even be laying on a Stainless slab wearing a toe tag.
    dukalmighty and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator
    FYI A very worthwhile addition to the forum by Paramedic70002.

Also worth talking about. A trip to any hospital with a .22 caliber bullet in the druggie will guarantee a call to Law Enforcement.

But, depending on where he was hit he could live a long life with a bullet inside of him.

Or...they could find him dead some place either from an internal bleed out OR an eventual septicemia infection.

Or...he could have one of his druggie buddies attempt to remove the bullet with a pair of "needle-nose" pliers and that scenario could get very interesting and in which case he will really NEED those pain Killers.

Guy is lucky to be alive, .22LR was my first gun lol, but Hey it worked to get the guy away, but damn I wish he had the 357 mag and had it ready to go. I dont know how anyone can beat someone like that, BG deserves a harsh sentence.

This is a great example as someone else here said, To have a chambered round. I'd hate to see someone get a broken hand or arm and not be able to rack the slide if you carry a semi.

VIP Member
    Good video and looks like the druggist is recovering well, not only physically but in spirit.

I don't think the news video elaborated on it, but I'm presuming the BG ceased his attack and retreated once the druggist fired his shot. Curious, I wonder how fast the BG ended his attack, and I wonder if there is security video?

It's also interesting that the druggist thinks he shot the BG in the torso. There is a great lesson in that comment in the fact that your sight picture under duress will never be as precise as the sight picture on a peaceful day at the range.

Never presume a .22 is worthless, but I agree with the druggist about the .357.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Better to have something than nothing.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This Pharmacist is lucky to be alive, I'm guessing that he will reconsider his carry method and gun selection.
    A .22 in the safe is not as good as a .357 on one's belt.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The pharmacist was beat up pretty bad.

Somewhere out there a perp is leaking. He may crawl off and croak.

Links