East Coast Members Get Ready - Page 2

East Coast Members Get Ready

This is a discussion on East Coast Members Get Ready within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Any stories of looters yet? I haven't heard anything....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: East Coast Members Get Ready

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Any stories of looters yet? I haven't heard anything.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Any stories of looters yet? I haven't heard anything.
    Wait for nightfall. The day after, everyone is getting their bearings. The thugs start patrolling the streets 1-2 days after the storm while the power is still out. that was my experince after hurricane Ike.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    Sounds like a good time to declare OPEN SEASON ON LOOTERS!
    And put a Bounty on any Documented Shootings that are captured on video.
    So as to ease the burden of Law Enforcement to prove the Dead Person was indeed Looting!
    I've got a nifty Sports Video Camera that can be mounted on the barrell of my Anti Looter Rifle!
    Statements like that, especially on a public forum, bother the crap out of me, and pour gasoline on the Anti's fires. Why don't you just go ahead and post it on Facebook also. That can't come back to haunt you, either.
    suntzu and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    This storm missed us here in Florida. In past hurricanes, there has been very little looting. Police tend to have a serious presence in damaged areas...and many locals are standing by. Many Floridians are carrying and looters seem to know that.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    HHHMMM--wonder why???
    Hummm...possibbblyyyy...
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Get ready for what? During the Ice Storm of 2009 my hometown went without power or water for almost two weeks. I've never seen more acts of kindness, patience, generosity & concern in my 40 years of adulthood. Natural disasters don't create chaos or invite anarchy, they just amplify the habits, emotions & character that's already present in a locale BEFORE things go squirrelly. Get out and HELP folks who aren't in a position to help themselves or YOU! Go show YOUR OWN character before asking anyone else to do anything else. Become the solution that you wish to see. Funny thing about life, you usually get what you...EXPECT.
    suntzu likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links