Range safety with kids: WATCH THEM!

This is a discussion on Range safety with kids: WATCH THEM! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm all for young kids getting into shooting, but a parent needs to be there (physically and mentally). Seems like someone just wasn't paying attention ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Range safety with kids: WATCH THEM!

I'm all for young kids getting into shooting, but a parent needs to be there (physically and mentally). Seems like someone just wasn't paying attention to their kids.

2. Remove Ads

yeah, a five year old and an 8 year old on the firing line... unsupervised?

Stupid
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    yeah, a five year old and an 8 year old on the firing line... unsupervised?

Stupid
    That, or never the parent was introduced to sane handling and safety practices, unbelievably never seeing the need to teach the kids to stay alive in such situations, or to take steps directly to ensure it. Never too early or late to start ... except in such a case as this one, in which the responsible person utterly failed to the degree it cost someone else his/her health or life. In such cases, "stupid" pretty much covers it.

I'm betting that if that range/area had been full of lions pacing about (looking for an easy mark), they'd have been somewhat less cavalier in their attitudes about the relative safety of that space. Yet, with a dozen firearms about, with active shooting going on, they thought nothing of traipsing around in front of those firing weapons without a care, and the "adults" charged with their supervision didn't think anything of it. "Stupid" is a good word for it.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; November 2nd, 2012 at 11:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Link .... doesn't bring it up for me a this point.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

We had a little kid get killed because he couldn't handle an Uzi, caused a huge uproar. Sad, but come on you've gotta make sure they know what they're doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links