Sick: ~20 year old assaults 80 year old woman

This is a discussion on Sick: ~20 year old assaults 80 year old woman within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As she's going into her home...in broad daylight. Her SA was up... but she wasn't strong enough to stop his barging in, throwing her to ...

As she's going into her home...in broad daylight.

Her SA was up... but she wasn't strong enough to stop his barging in, throwing her to the floor and attempting to sexually assault her... she fought back and bit him in the hand... He fled.

Washington state... Story here

Near as I can tell from Handgunlaw, it would have been legal for her to carry on the bus with a permit. Some states don't allow carry on public transportation.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Sick is an understatement, big time.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I don't really see a scenario where an 80-YO woman can pull her handgun from a purse before a 20-YO thug gets to her. She'd have to walk around with it in her hand ready to fire to do her any good.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    I don't really see a scenario where an 80-YO woman can pull her handgun from a purse before a 20-YO thug gets to her. She'd have to walk around with it in her hand ready to fire to do her any good.
    Many women, especially the wiser CCW holders, don't care for off body carry. Those ladies would not be at any greater disadvantage than you or me.

And, even those who must carry off body can carry "purpose made" purses and have their hand on the weapon while carrying if they so desire... perhaps even giving them and advantage over you or me in the same scenario.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

So you confirmed my 2nd statement.

VIP Member
    This scumbag needs to go for a deep sea swim to the bottom of Puget Sound, with the aid of a custom fit pair of cement shoes.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links