And the looting begins

This is a discussion on And the looting begins within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Richard58 Who are the looters, is it people starving or criminals ?? Did the news or police say? One of the articles ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: And the looting begins

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Who are the looters, is it people starving or criminals ?? Did the news or police say?
    One of the articles stated that there were no reports of food or water being looted, just electronics and clothing.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Who are the looters, is it people starving or criminals ?? Did the news or police say?
    Starving after one day? Do you think "We shoot looters" is referring to people stealing a loaf of bread or a piece of fruit?
    CIBMike likes this.

Not even smart looters. This is a pic that a looter posted.
    lootertwit.jpg
    You think if you go through the effort of looting you would get something better than an ACER laptop! Maybe a HP or Compaq or Dell?
    CIBMike likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    ^^ LOL!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    So far the looting seems to be focused on thugs getting "stuff". I'm not sure I would even qualify taking food and water out of a store as looting if there are no stores available to purchase supplies from. I would not condemn someone for trying to survive, and would probably do it myself as necessary. But clothing, electronics, banks, etc. are what is being targeted.
    Walk softly ...

You guys are making it sound like NYC's in a zombie apocalypse! They went one day without electricity for crying out loud. The storm was yesterday. I don't think there's any "survival-mode" looting going on at this point. When people start wondering when and if they'll ever eat again, there will be food looting.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Not even smart looters. This is a pic that a looter posted.
    lootertwit.jpg
    You think if you go through the effort of looting you would get something better than an ACER laptop! Maybe a HP or Compaq or Dell?
    Acer's not that bad, I've had a solid Acer for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by mg27 View Post
    ...They want us to rely on Govt for everything, I know the storm was bad, but some of the mayors talk to the people like they're in 3rd grade.
    I've heard of a President who talks like that.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I've heard of a President who talks like that.
    Me too but I haven't seen much of him since 2008!

Oh wait, I meant talk like he's in the third grade.

VIP Member
    This makes me so mad!! When I look at that Pharmacy I see someones business that they have put their heart, soul, money, sweat and hope into. HOW DARE THEY loot that place. I am SO SICK of the "mo free stuff" mentality that has taken hold of our society.

There is nothing in a Pharmacy that you need to survive for a couple of days. They were obviously looking for drugs to use or sell.

This thread makes me want to say things that I would probably be banned for life for. So I won't. Just use your imagination.
    MoMan, msgt/ret, wmhawth and 2 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

It's funny how they usually are not stealing milk and bread! Instead they go right for the drugs and electronics. The most amazing photo I ever saw of looting was right after Katrina, it showed people carrying televisions out of an electronic store... and there was no power for days! As far as I am concerned certain people look for any reason to loot!!
    It's friggin' ridiculous!!
    ducatirider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    This is NYC there are no legal guns in the hands of private citizens
    there are more than 60,000 legal gun owners in the Five Boroughs.

and nobody has had their guns confiscated due to the destruction by the hurricane.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    You guys are making it sound like NYC's in a zombie apocalypse! They went one day without electricity for crying out loud. The storm was yesterday. I don't think there's any "survival-mode" looting going on at this point. When people start wondering when and if they'll ever eat again, there will be food looting.
    power has been out in the lower half of Manhattan since Monday.

parts of the lower Manhattan have been abandoned because they rely on power for water supply.

Ive been stuck in Santa Monica since Sunday, I hope to get home tomorrow AM.

As for looters, I suggest all store owners buy a shotgun and blow the heads off anyone who dares to try to rob or loot their stores.

Now, would I as a gun owners be allowed to make a citizen's arrest of looters who were trying to rob a store in my neighborhood? I don't know, as that would require me to take my gun out of my apartment and into the street, which would be illegal.

But hopefully the Jury would let me go free..as I would be doing a good deed.

I'm ALL ABOUT Jury nullification, when it comes to honest citizens using their legally-owned firearms in a responsible manner.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    This makes me so mad!! When I look at that Pharmacy I see someones business that they have put their heart, soul, money, sweat and hope into. HOW DARE THEY loot that place. I am SO SICK of the "mo free stuff" mentality that has taken hold of our society.

There is nothing in a Pharmacy that you need to survive for a couple of days. They were obviously looking for drugs to use or sell.

This thread makes me want to say things that I would probably be banned for life for. So I won't. Just use your imagination.

Me too, I can't say anything else since I'v been warned already by a moderator...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links