Bank owner celebrated for "catching the bad guy" - not sure how I feel about it

This is a discussion on Bank owner celebrated for "catching the bad guy" - not sure how I feel about it within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CaveJohnson Oh my god...am I not speaking english correctly? The "pretty sure" is IRRELEVANT! I'm never going to chase someone down for ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Bank owner celebrated for "catching the bad guy" - not sure how I feel about it

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    Oh my god...am I not speaking english correctly? The "pretty sure" is IRRELEVANT! I'm never going to chase someone down for material goods, so I don't need to know it fully. It was a side anecdote about why I wouldn't do it...so you're still off topic here.

This is totally off the rails, I'm done.
    "Thread: Bank owner celebrated for "catching the bad guy" - not sure how I feel about it" is the topic, and we are discussing how we feel about it. How am I off-topic?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    "Thread: Bank owner celebrated for "catching the bad guy" - not sure how I feel about it" is the topic, and we are discussing how we feel about it. How am I off-topic?
    I can't explain it to you anymore, I tried. What you just said contradicts your requests for facts, and you asked about a totally irrelevant "pretty sure" I just threw in there.

Done, adios.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    I can't explain it to you anymore, I tried. What you just said contradicts your requests for facts, and you asked about a totally irrelevant "pretty sure" I just threw in there.

Done, adios.
    That probably leaves Mike with maybe 2 friends left... his gun and perhaps a cat. He seems to be here to debate others to stroke his own ego. Must suck to be lonely... Just my opinion of his demeanor. If this gets me banned, so be it. It's hard to enjoy these forums with this kind of BS going on.
    Mike1956 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail View Post
    That probably leaves Mike with maybe 2 friends left... his gun and perhaps a cat. He seems to be here to debate others to stroke his own ego. Must suck to be lonely... Just my opinion of his demeanor. If this gets me banned, so be it. It's hard to enjoy these forums with this kind of BS going on.
    I gave you a like just so you would know there are no hard feelings.
    Tuco

Cavejohnson sometimes we have to stand up for ourselves to protect our love ones, you, or someone in need of help, or elderlies, what im impling is cops cant always be there for you at the moment, this guy is a bad felon and he needed to be stopped right there an then, no doubt, he is a threat to society, he gets away he will do it again, if more people were like this hero there would be less crime !!! Isnt that a good thing to know ?? You, your family, love ones are protected by the law and outstanding citizins that risk themselves to do just that? Its ok to be scared of these ferosious felons there animals, most people freeze close there eyes and hope that everyting goes away... But its a good feeling to know not everyone is not like that this is reallity im sorry, live it learn it and stand up.... Eddie

Hello..... Iguess it ends here.

Quote Originally Posted by Miamieddie View Post
    Cavejohnson sometimes we have to stand up for ourselves to protect our love ones, you, or someone in need of help, or elderlies, what im impling is cops cant always be there for you at the moment, this guy is a bad felon and he needed to be stopped right there an then, no doubt, he is a threat to society, he gets away he will do it again, if more people were like this hero there would be less crime !!! Isnt that a good thing to know ?? You, your family, love ones are protected by the law and outstanding citizins that risk themselves to do just that? Its ok to be scared of these ferosious felons there animals, most people freeze close there eyes and hope that everyting goes away... But its a good feeling to know not everyone is not like that this is reallity im sorry, live it learn it and stand up.... Eddie
    I fully understand defending people from violence, I've already said that.

This wasn't defending against violence, it was pursuing someone who stole money and was no longer a threat to his employees.

If you think running after thieves and holding them at gun point is a good idea, go for it. I'm not doing it though, material items don't matter that much to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroft10 View Post
    Another point of discussion:

Apparently the door was emblazoned with a sign that declared they were a "concealed carry" bank, with a nice big gun emblem.

....Weird? The opposite of a gunbuster sign. Kinda defeats the purpose of "concealed", no?
    Yes it the opposite of a gunbuster sign. Probably more effective at preventing crime though.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Cave johnson we both understand each other glad to hear that... Fair enough..... Eddie.
    CaveJohnson likes this.

So many Rambos. So little time.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boatload View Post
    So many Rambos. So little time.
    Great first post, and welcome to the board. Yes, Suntzu.
    Tuco

Shoulda capped the turd straight away.............................
    P220 Carry Sig Sauer goodness. Say hello to my leeeetle friend.

Woooow!!

I'm glad I brought up the discussion because I personally learned something about my state's law and enjoyed seeing the different views.

But....I say we all drop this thread now and kick back a beer!
    Rock and Glock and Ransom like this.
    Proud owner of a Sig Sauer P238 SAS Explosive Space Modulator.

"I played the powerless in too many dark scenes. And I was blessed with a birth and a death, and I guess I just want some say in between." - Ani DiFranco, "Talk to me Now."

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LaraCroft10 View Post
    Woooow!!

I'm glad I brought up the discussion because I personally learned something about my state's law and enjoyed seeing the different views.

But....I say we all drop this thread now and kick back a beer!
    Not on my diet, to many carbs!
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

I don't understand the just let the guy go and LEO will get him train of thought.The man did take a risk but that was his choice to make.Seems all to often news shows people being robbed,beaten ect and crowds of people just stand around and watch

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Links