Many robbed, but last victim had a gun

This is a discussion on Many robbed, but last victim had a gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=4622463 Police say several men went on a violent crime spree overnight, but it came to an abrupt end when their last victim stopped them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Many robbed, but last victim had a gun

Many robbed, but last victim had a gun

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=4622463

Police say several men went on a violent crime spree overnight, but it came to an abrupt end when their last victim stopped them in the driveway of his southwest Houston home.

Several suspects were seen driving around Monday night in a light colored Dodge Durango. Police believe they robbed at least four people beginning around 11pm Monday night.

But when they allegedly tried holding up a man on Prudence, the homeowner pulled out his own gun and shot one of the suspects in the leg. That wounded suspect left the scene with the others, but later called police himself and told them he'd been injured.

It didn't take long for investigators to realize he was same guy shot by the robbery victim.

"Yes, at this time, we believe the suspect after being shot by the homeowner returned to his residence and called police and informed them he'd been shot in a drive-by," said Sgt. Mathew Jenkins with the Houston Police Department. "We have since learned that was not the case."

The other suspects apparently tried to check up on their friend in the hospital. Police spotted that Dodge Durango nearby and briefly chased the suspects, who bailed out and escaped. Police believe it was the same Durango used in the other crimes.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Don't you just love a story with a happy ending?
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

CDH
    Being as I live in NW Houston, that happened to be the story they started with just as I turned on my TV the morning after it happened so it's the first news I saw that day.

They say that "no news is good news", but this changes that to "good news is good news".

VIP Member
    ....but THE LAST VICTIM HAD A GUN

Title says it all............how hard is it to understand it? Why don't the sheeple & the anti-gunners get it?

All it normally takes is for someone ARMED doing the right thing!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    That'll teach them.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I love it...

Lew
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    ....but THE LAST INTENDED VICTIM HAD A GUN

There, that sounds better...

He wasn't a victim after all. He was a Sheepdog....

There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Assistant Administrator
    Police spotted that Dodge Durango nearby and briefly chased the suspects, who bailed out and escaped
    That was the down side tho - the slimeballs made an escape. However - it does of course most satisfactorily demonstrate the value of a gun on hand.

Now if the victim had been an umarmed anti - might they have thought differently afterwards? Probably not - as they would adopt the ''give em what they want'' policy, including their own life possibly.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

the homeowner pulled out his own gun and shot one of the suspects in the leg.
    Happy ending overall but he needs to go to the range and adjust his sights.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Happy ending overall but he needs to go to the range and adjust his sights.
    Exactly. A little elevation and left or right windage should put the POI right at the "forked" end.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Knowing how things are in Houston lately, I would make an education guess that the Durango was full of Katrina evacuees from NOLA.

Good Shootin'

I bet the last Intended victim goes to the range to get a little practice in just in case his attackers decide to come back for revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick7340 View Post
    ...called police and informed them he'd been shot in a drive-by," said Sgt. Mathew Jenkins with the Houston Police Department. "We have since learned that was not the case."
    Great story. Just one thing... I know that drive by's usually involve almost no one getting hit, but isn't only one bullet in a "drive by" scene just a tad suspicious? lol

Cheers.

Normally I Don't Like...

these kinds of stories...
    but when the ending brings a 'tear' of joy to my heart...
    eh, what can I say...

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Two good things happen when you disable and stop a criminal (but not eliminate him/her): 1. You have not taken a life. Life, even the most miserable of human debris, is still sacred and granted by God the Creator. 2. The criminal society is put on notice that there are those who have the capability and capacity to put boundaries on criminal activities.

Two good things happen when you eliminate (and therefore stop) a criminal: 1. No further grief to society. 2. The criminal society is put on notice that there may be a heavy (the ultimate) penalty to pay for criminal activities.

Two bad things happen when you eliminate a criminal: 1. You have made the ultimate choice, within the bounds of law and ethics, about the length of someone's life. 2. You may have to deal with reflections of the event for some time, which for some can be more difficult than for others.

On balance, I believe "stopping" the crime and the criminal is the sole intent. Any joy expressed at the elimination of a criminal must not demonstrate any general disrespect for life or specific contempt for the burden that some might carry over the significance of the situational decision that some have had to make.

Before anyone chooses to smash me on this issue, let me say I seem to be able to hit what I'm aiming at better than anyone I've ever known (just lucky, nothing special), and I've been in some pretty tense LE situations and have found a clear set of priorities: Life is tenuous and hesitations can be disastrous. Wisdom and preparation are invaluable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links