Try this Trick on the wrong guys and get a NASTY Treat!

This is a discussion on Try this Trick on the wrong guys and get a NASTY Treat! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Six arrested after trick-or-treaters robbed in Tacoma, Wash. - UPI.com " Six teenagers, one armed with a handgun, were arrested for allegedly robbing Halloween trick-or-treaters ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Try this Trick on the wrong guys and get a NASTY Treat!

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar

Six arrested after trick-or-treaters robbed in Tacoma, Wash. - UPI.com

"
    Six teenagers, one armed with a handgun, were arrested for allegedly robbing Halloween trick-or-treaters in Tacoma, Wash., police said.

The suspects, ranging in age from 13 to 17 and wearing blue bandannas, allegedly robbed six different groups of children and adults on Halloween night, demanding cellphones, back packs and other personal items, the Tacoma, Wash., News Tribune reported Thursday.
    "

I would have felt bad afterwards when I found out that the kid I shot was only 13, but then I would realize that he brought it on himself. These kids are lucky they didn't pick the wrong/right victim. They caught all 6 kids in a car with the stolen property. How long did they think they could hang around doing this until the police showed up and busted them? And where were their parents?
    Walk softly ...

Parents? These are teenagers, not unleashed dogs. Let's not blame parents for everything their little darlings do. How many 13-17 YO's are supervised on Halloween night? The younger thugs could've told the World's Greatest Mom or Dad they were going trick-or-treating with their Sunday School class.
    blitzburgh likes this.

I have no problem blaming the parents. Not for lack of supervision, but for lack of upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    I have no problem blaming the parents. Not for lack of supervision, but for lack of upbringing.
    Yes, high horses make great thrones. My wife and I somehow managed to survive three teenagers (20's now) and I wouldn't dare criticize anybody else because their kids didn't do everything they said. Mine didn't either.
    blitzburgh, Ksgunner and Ally like this.

13 is the last point that I, personally feel parents get the blame, unless it is obvious. Some kids do dumb stuff. Some more than others. I probably did things my parents wouldn't be proud of. It happens, but it is a risk one takes when doing stupid things. This group was relatively lucky they didn't get shot, as BigStick alluded to. Hopefully they learn.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Halloween is certainly different now then when I was a kid. We went out alone and came back happy and loaded with candy.

The G19 and I accompany my son and his friends every year. I walk at a respectful distance so that it doesn't look like their old-fart dad is with them. Last night, sure enough, some nugget that looked like he was in his 20's, tried to roll them - yup, robbing little kids for their candy. No joke. He changed his mind after I walked up.
    Chaplain Scott and oneshot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Yes, high horses make great thrones. My wife and I somehow managed to survive three teenagers (20's now) and I wouldn't dare criticize anybody else because their kids didn't do everything they said. Mine didn't either.
    I apologize in advance, as I am not a parent and would never say that I understand how unbelievably hard it is. Just the idea of taking on that responsibility scares the crap outta me.

No amount of parenting can make a kid perfect. But it's one thing to have a kid who mouths back or sneaks out with the car to pick up a date when they're grounded. In my mind it is an ENTIRELY different thing to raise a child who is willing to make the decision that these kids made, being to go out and terrorize innocent people with a weapon, and assumedly be willing to use it. Worlds apart.

I remember when I was 12-13 I would start trick or treating at 5 and come home at 10 with sacks of candy with no worry. And I grew up in a really bad area. But then again people didn't really screw with us kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lyz_grace View Post
    In my mind it is an ENTIRELY different thing to raise a child who is willing to make the decision that these kids made, being to go out and terrorize innocent people with a weapon, and assumedly be willing to use it. Worlds apart.
    Then you wouldn't believe how many Eagle Scouts have committed heinous crimes. Saw a case on ID the other night where a teenage girl was stabbed to death by her Eagle Scout boyfriend. What did those parents do wrong, right?

I tell my kids even now (ages 21, 23, 25), "Don't blame me for the bad things about you, and I won't take credit for the good."

God, I wish parenting was as easy as you think it is. No, half as easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiphted View Post
    I remember when I was 12-13 I would start trick or treating at 5 and come home at 10 with sacks of candy with no worry. And I grew up in a really bad area. But then again people didn't really screw with us kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Today it's kids who are screwing with the general population...no values, no morals, no cares...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    If you teach your kids right from wrong, the rest is easy.
    ctr and Rock and Glock like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I blame it on RAP Music,I think my parents blamed rock and roll,but seriously when kids start idolizing thugs and try to emulate the lifestyle thinking it will get them money and girls and a fast lifestyle they may not live to outgrow their stupidity
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Parents, in the best of circumstances, can only do so much. The world has changed drastically in the past 10-20 years with kids being exposed to way too much way too soon. That said, many kids are learning hard lessons about being accountable for your actions....including paying the ultimate price when you put yourself in a compromising situation. It is simply a sad reality of today's morally-decaying world. As the parent of 2 teenagers, I do my best in teaching how to live, we go to church every Sunday and try to live life as we believe to be respectable and honest. Lastly, I pray for them and their friends each and every day that they stay on the right path.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Last night, sure enough, some nugget that looked like he was in his 20's, tried to roll them - yup, robbing little kids for their candy. No joke. He changed his mind after I walked up.
    I think I would have called the police for that one. It may only be candy, but it is an adult, attempted robbery of kids. It starts of with just the candy, but what happens when the some stupid kid on a sugar high decides to fight, and then gets beat down by the adult.

Probably not dialing 911 (not an emergency) but give the Sheriffs office a heads up for sure.
    Walk softly ...

You have it right by me DocT65. I teach high school and middle and see that some parents do well and kids rebel. It happens. They are the exception, not the rule. The rest are products of their parents whether that be good or bad. I know a lot of us did stuff when we were younger that we could get away with and survive due to either rural settings, laws that didn't exist or people who understood we were just funnin'. The days of boys being boys are gone because of kids like this. It is a tough world and it is tougher on both ends.
    MrsHB likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links