Good Gal Wins: Man in wrong Fresno apartment walloped by female karate student

This is a discussion on Good Gal Wins: Man in wrong Fresno apartment walloped by female karate student within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man in wrong Fresno apartment walloped by female karate student - Updates - fresnobee.com Man in wrong Fresno apartment walloped by female karate student By ...

Thread: Good Gal Wins: Man in wrong Fresno apartment walloped by female karate student

Man in wrong Fresno apartment walloped by female karate student - Updates - fresnobee.com

Man in wrong Fresno apartment walloped by female karate student

By Jim Guy - The Fresno Bee

Monday, Oct. 29, 2012 | 01:29 PM

Jannine Ramirez had just won a Fresno karate competition when she arrived at her east-central Fresno apartment early Sunday and found an intruder inside.

She quickly clicked back into competition mode.

She kicked down her bathroom door, then kicked the intruder through a shower door. She continued with an onslaught of kicks and punches until he was outside her apartment on the 2500 block of Maple Avenue.

"We didn't recognize him," Ramirez said. "Me and my mom live in the apartment, so no guy whatsoever should be in there."

Ramirez, 20, a McLane High School graduate, has a yellow belt -- a step above beginner -- and expects to be promoted to orange belt next month at the Fresno Shotokan Competition Karate School on Cedar Avenue. She has been a karate and Muay Thai kick-boxing student for a year. Saturday was her first competition.

"I was actually more nervous in the competition than I was trying to get this intruder out of my house," said Ramirez, who now attends Fresno City College and plans to study physical therapy at Fresno State. "I literally kicked him all the way through my house."

Her suspicion was aroused when she and her mother got home just after 1 a.m. Sunday to find the master bedroom screen was taken off and the window left open. A T-shirt also was hung on the porch light.

She heard the intruder, later identified as Wilberto Zapata, 18, of Fresno, washing inside the locked bathroom. She then kicked down the door.

As she pushed and punched him out of her apartment, she said Zapata kept yelling that he lived there.

"Once he was stepping toward me I kicked him back," she said. "I don't know who he was or what he had on him."

They later learned that Zapata recently moved into the apartment complex.

Nothing was missing from the apartment and detectives determined that Zapata was drunk and really thought he had broken into his own apartment. He was cited for unlawful entry into a home and later released.

Ramirez said she doesn't regret her attack.

"I had to protect my mom and protect myself and get this intruder out of my house," she said. "He sort of did deserve it. If he hadn't broken into my house, it wouldn't have happened."

Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

The idiot is lucky she only kicked his ass instead of popping a cap in it!

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    She's lucky he was drunk. Of course, if he hadn't been drunk it probably never would have happened.

Go get 'im, girl!
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Good thing she only kicked his butt and didn't shoot it. What an idiot.
    Proud owner of a Sig Sauer P238 SAS Explosive Space Modulator.

"I played the powerless in too many dark scenes. And I was blessed with a birth and a death, and I guess I just want some say in between." - Ani DiFranco, "Talk to me Now."

Sponsored Links