Ugly: Gas is Gold - Page 2

Ugly: Gas is Gold

This is a discussion on Ugly: Gas is Gold within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Hopyard Isolated incidents are not a breakdown of society. Tell that to the guy being punched in the face....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Ugly: Gas is Gold

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Isolated incidents are not a breakdown of society.
    Tell that to the guy being punched in the face.
    Richard58 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Administrator
    Folks are scalping gasoline for $25.00 & $30.00 per gallon.
    The eternal law of Supply & Demand.
    You'll always want to screw your fellow Man whenever and however possible in any crisis scenario or disaster.
    darbo likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Isolated incidents are not a breakdown of society.
    Fair enough.
    The fuse is easily lit though.
    Richard58 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Apparently no one in New York has a clue what to expect in the aftermath of a good strong hurricane. NO FUEL, NO FOOD, NO ELECTRICITY.
    Welcome to my world.
    You'd figure they would have stocked up for the winter storms.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoLockNLoad View Post
    You'd figure they would have stocked up for the winter storms.
    That would require a proper assessment of the situation and planning. But why do that when "someone" will take care of me.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    That would require a proper assessment of the situation and planning. But why do that when "someone" will take care of me.
    I just heard an audio clip on the radio today, people in NJ/NY complaining that 'the people at FEMA who wear business suits and make 6 figures a year need to come down here and help us' "they're pumping out the tunnel so they can have a marathon, while we're cleaning up bodies".

I agree with the absurdity of the second quote, the first one makes me want to "Gibbs Smack" someone.

I see a great PR move for the marathoners and sponsors to jog down to ground zero and donate their time/labor to help their fellow city members. At the same time I think that should be their choice.

(quote deleted)

I'd like to salute this but they can continue to make mistakes until the cows come home and my tax dollars will still be used to bail them out. Same for California spending more than it takes in, or New Orleans living below sea level or even the biker who refuses to wear a helmet and ends up needing care for the rest of his live after a spill on the road. Like it or not we all own the mess.
    Last edited by HotGuns; November 2nd, 2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: deleted quote
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Administrator
    Workers from other states arrived in droves with their power/utility trucks to help in getting the electricity back up and running again but, all of those who were not union members were turned away.

UNREAL.

Interesting mind-set back north... My brother is in New Jersey and he had to run out and buy what he needed in the frenzy before the storm. I asked him why he doesn't have a bug-in kit already set-up (like me). His answer, "Well, these things don't happen often up here and you guys have tornadoes and stuff all the time."

Geeez... I just follow the old Boy Scout motto, "Be prepared."
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I'd like to salute this but they can continue to make mistakes until the cows come home and my tax dollars will still be used to bail them out. Same for California spending more than it takes in, or New Orleans living below sea level or even the biker who refuses to wear a helmet and ends up needing care for the rest of his live after a spill on the road. Like it or not we all own the mess.

Yes, well maybe it is time for these states to not be in OUR country anymore. Maybe it is time to spin off these freeloaders and let them stand or fall on their own.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Ok, gonna be in the minority here but you know what? Forget them. Forget New York and Forget New Yorkers. After 9/11 you would think these fools would prepare for trouble. Nope. Instead they elect useless liberal Piece of Garbage governments and hope that those useless governments will save them. And worse, they elect national liberal Piece of Garbage that force feces on the rest of us. So. New York, who failed to prepare, I feel bad for the ones who died and for the children, but the rest, A big Ole Forget you from Kentucky. You're on your own.

edited to be more family forum friendly
    HotGuns likes this.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Moral of the story get gas before the hurricane hits.

All I know is Kentucky can disown me, NY can disown me, California can disown me, (been contributing to society since I was 16, hardly a freeloader) and even FEMA can disown me. And I guarantee that I will be just fine. I sure the hell wouldn't be lining up in the sewer-filled streets to charge my cell phone from a generator belonging to someone else. If that's their priority then I feel for their families.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Ugly: Gas is Gold

Hawkeye, lets just pray that you and yours don't get caught in a natural disaster that despite all of you preparation and preparedness you can't help yourself. It happens more than you might think. Pretty scary, knowing people out there feel as you do.

I have a junior Marine that is from point pleasant NJ and from what his family is relaying to us, there are 3+ hour waits for gas, no generators to be found, looting, ect... It is sad that people are resorting to acting like animals over gas. The end of the world is not near. Help is in fact coming... in the form of gas tankers, calm down people. Why not join together and resolve the problems instead of creating more?... Sorry tangent. Anyways his ENTIRE family lived there... 4 homes destroyed. please keep my Marine and his family in your thoughts.
    varob and darbo like this.
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links