Home invaded... then burgled

This is a discussion on Home invaded... then burgled within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It wasn't bad enough they broke in and beat him with a crowbar, tried to tie his fiance and him together... EMS got them both ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By oneshot
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: Home invaded... then burgled

Home invaded... then burgled

It wasn't bad enough they broke in and beat him with a crowbar, tried to tie his fiance and him together... EMS got them both to the hospital... When the homeowner returned to his house the day after the attack...

The house had been ransacked and items stolen...

Can't catch a break... I guess.

Story here
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Are they kidding????????

From article:
    Investigators say they don't know if the home invasion and burglary are connected.

Dick Tracy must be on vacation, better call Scotland Yard!

Barney Fife could have figured out that it is connected.
    Tough break.
    Remember folks, 100% of home invasions happen where?????
    H_m_.
    Very good class, you get a jeans day on Friday!
    mprp likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Disgusting. Home invasions are the main reason we finally decided to get guns. Those two are very lucky they weren't killed.
    lchamp likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Disgusting. Home invasions are the main reason we finally decided to get guns. Those two are very lucky they weren't killed.
    We had a home invasion in the neighborhood. That was the final nudge to make me get my carry license. Now I am never unarmed.

We went out to eat a couple of days ago and my wife asked "are you protected?" She had never even mentioned it before. Yeah, she was referring to the gun.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Several years ago, my wife (GF at the time) was home with a broken leg. We lived in the upstairs of a house that was configured as a couple of apartments and a friend of ours lived in the downstairs with an (open) door adjoining the two. Someone started pounding on the front door and she thought it was our downstairs neighbor who had forgotten his keys the day prior. She started to hobble down the stairs. The front door had a window in it and she saw it was not the downstairs neighbor but a couple of guys who also saw her. When they saw her, they went around to the back of the house and started trying to kick the door in. They were not able to do so. Instead, they went around to the side of the house where the friend's bedroom was and he had a window AC unit next to the bed. They pushed the AC unit in and came in through the window. For some lucky reason, when I left that afternoon, I configured the alarm system to be fully active downstairs including motion sensors but bypassed the one upstairs for her. We did not have any yard signs or stickers, hence no advertising "cut the phone wires". Cell phones did exist, but were still VERY rare and expensive and she did not have one. They proceeded to go through the bedroom and then came out into the main living room of the downstairs where they immediately tripped the motion sensor which was an instant alarm as they had not opened an "entry" door, which set off the siren. Just as this had happened, my gf got herself locked into a bedroom upstairs with a land line phone and a kitchen knife. The alarm company called and asked if she needed the police. This should have been reported as an active home invasion with residents present, yet it took 40 minutes for them to show up. Fortunately, the intruders went right back out the window.

A week or so prior to this event, the alarm system had been tripped via the (same) downstairs motion sensor without a door being active. When we returned home, we discovered that the outside screen had been removed and then just set in the window frame. There was also grass and mud on the carpet in front of the window. We called the police and reported this, but we were blatantly and rudely dismissed by the responding officers.

This event was one of the big reasons why both my wife and I now carry. Even when we are at home, guns are within quick reach as you may get warning signs about an imminent invasion, but you can't count on a timely enough police response, simply because of the logistics of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Are they kidding????????

From article:
    Investigators say they don't know if the home invasion and burglary are connected.

Dick Tracy must be on vacation, better call Scotland Yard!

Barney Fife could have figured out that it is connected.
    Tough break.
    Remember folks, 100% of home invasions happen where?????
    H_m_.
    Very good class, you get a jeans day on Friday!
    Hmm, my senses are extremely keen right now and I may have just picked up on a little sarcasm here. Not sure though.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links