Good: Detroit Coney Island Shooting

This is a discussion on Good: Detroit Coney Island Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Too bad the CPL holder was injured (and that one got away) but its still a booyah in my book. I can't imagine this playing ...

Thread: Good: Detroit Coney Island Shooting

Good: Detroit Coney Island Shooting

Too bad the CPL holder was injured (and that one got away) but its still a booyah in my book. I can't imagine this playing out in Chicago or New York City.

One dead after Coney Island shooting in Detroit
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    Too bad the CPL holder was injured (and that one got away) but its still a booyah in my book. I can't imagine this playing out in Chicago or New York City.

One dead after Coney Island shooting in Detroit
    I read the owner was shot, but not the armed citizen.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

It reads like the owner got shot not the CPL? Either way, it's terrible that one of the good guys got hit. On the other hand, +1 for one less evil doer on the streets and hopefully the buddy that got away will tell the rest of the rats that "innocent" people shoot back and they are not so "innocent". Thanks for sharing!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

Yeah they said that the customer pulled out a gun and shot one of the scumbags. I think it's just going to get worse as the Holidays approach.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Another story said the patron (CPL holder) was injured, not shot. It doesn't say how he was injured. Coney island patron kills would-be robber during a gunfight | City of Detroit | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Hope he is ok and suffers no damage from it. Physical, monetary, mental or otherwise. Well done!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    What surprised me was that Detroit has a Coney Island. It couldn't think of something else?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links