Get real --- Toddler Given $2,500 Ticket - Page 2

Get real --- Toddler Given $2,500 Ticket

This is a discussion on Get real --- Toddler Given $2,500 Ticket within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Proves the point at our country is being run by idiots. Just look at the headlines in the news. One great example is that SF ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Get real --- Toddler Given $2,500 Ticket

Proves the point at our country is being run by idiots. Just look at the headlines in the news. One great example is that SF is now paying for transgender surgeries. With tax payer money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I can't think of enough adjectives to describe this political correctness run amok. We've lost all commom sense and sense of proportion.
    "Modern methods! Poppycock! Give a boy a sense of humour and a sense of proportion and he'll stand up to anything."

-- Charles Edward "Chips" Chipping, from the 1939 film Goodbye Mister Chips

There's more wisdom in that simple quote than any hundred people, these days.

What's even worse is that the cop even considered for one second that giving a toddler a ticket was a good idea. That rigid application of the law without regard to circumstances is scary. I hope a judge will throw that out of court. Geesh.
    We see abject stupidity, no sense of proportion, and stubbornness masquerading as strength, from top to bottom. It's entirely likely there isn't going to be a judge with a brain that'll draw this case, if the parents have sense enough to press (which it's entirely possible they don't).
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    There's NO way I'd accept a "contributing to the delinquency" charge if I was the parent! NO WAY!

What if another stupid incident happens with the child...like he throws his lolly pop wrapper on the ground. Bam! $500 for littering! Maybe another "contributing" charge and now DHHR is looking into putting the kid if foster care.

I HATE that I think like that now days because it seems so paranoid; but from what I see here and elsewhere, it's not out of the relm of possibility.
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; November 9th, 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: changed the charge term to the correct one.
    Hopyard, HotGuns and Sig 210 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Sounds like the "contributing to the delinquency" charge is equally if not more absurd.
    The chief has no brains either.

1) A child that age can't be held responsible for his actions, can't even be charged as a juvenile
    2) The mother it seems was charged with "contributing" but things likely happened so spontaneously
    she would have had no opportunity to correct him even if she wished to do so.

Two idiots in one department. Time for The Mayor, DA, and or town council to step up to the plate
    and set some parameters.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Unbelievable. Reminds me of a story when my son was little. He used to hand with me and a good friend on Saturdays when we would hang in the garage and tinker on cars, and of course, drink beer. As the garage was unattached, we would relieve ourselves outside. Then one day my wife and I were summoned to his day care where they were making a federal case out of him relieving himself out by the bushes in the play yard (they were not amused when I said "what have I done to be summoned before the Jedi counsel?"-no sense of humor). Anyway, they asked my son why he did it and he replied "that's what Dad and Fred do". One more step towards the eventual divorce!
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    Maybe when he goes before the judge, he should "Pee'd Innocent". Oops I meant "Plead Innocent"!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

In "Piedmont", Oklahoma, no less...........

Dillan lives on 2.5 acres out in the country. The rural street they live on just happens to be the same one where the particular cop, Ken Qualls, who is evidently very fussy and overzealous, chooses to park his cruiser daily, for some reason he would not divulge.

Watch the video. The Chief of Police said he thinks the DA will throw it out. It won't see a courtroom. Everybody but the arresting LEO sees it just the way we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    Watch the video. The Chief of Police said he thinks the DA will throw it out. It won't see a courtroom. Everybody but the arresting LEO sees it just the way we all do.
    That's a good sign.

I'm betting it will be suggested the zealot has earned a few months of parking ticket duty. Ironically, he'll likely be pretty p'd about that. What goes 'round comes 'round, bub.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    My boys pee in the compost bins in our backyard all the time. And I can't count how many times I've pulled over on the side of the interstate to let the little fellas pee because they couldn't hold it any longer (usually with in 10 minutes of us passing a rest area and me asking "Anyone need to go the the bathroom").
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Thank goodness for the statue of limitations.

Seriously though, really?

"OK son, let's set the academy books down for just a second and give 'er a little thought. Shouldn't take too long to figure out what we can do for the community not to hate us."

Signed,
    Sgt. Smith
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Maybe we should start a poll: Which disturbs you more, LEO can vote or LEO paid to carry a gun?

VIP Member
    I heard the cop said to the kid: "Now urine trouble!"
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I heard the cop said to the kid: "Now urine trouble!"
    GROAN
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I am sure that is a felony charge...

The kid should get points for not peeing in his pants don't ya think....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links