CIA Director Resigns

This is a discussion on CIA Director Resigns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OPFOR Attachment 64381 This is - I kid you not - Jill Kelley's license plate. I'm sorry that I'm wrapped up in ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: CIA Director Resigns

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Attachment 64381

This is - I kid you not - Jill Kelley's license plate. I'm sorry that I'm wrapped up in the relatively minor (and sidetracking) issue of her claiming "inviolability" based on this, but as it has been my bread and butter for many years now, it just cracks me up to no end. Apparently, she may actually be an honorary consul (not consul general) from South Korea. According to my beloved State Department (and my own experience), this is what an honorary consul does:

So, while she is still a whack job and still very wrong on her immunities, maybe there is SOMETHING to her claim.
    It isn't IMO a relatively minor issue. It goes to the personal character of the people two high
    ranking Generals were hanging with and apparently communicating with. Therefore it goes
    either to their character as well, or to something from the clandestine universe.

It seems to me that both of those ladies might be missing a part of the machinery upstairs,
    or there is a lot more that has been going on which we probably shouldn't know anything about.

I'm leaning toward the character deficit explanation for all of this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    There were lots of good soldiers in the German army, and the Russian army, too. That aside, I was offering up an explanation about why he would give absurd testimony regarding a movie nobody ever saw enflaming a Benghazi Brotherhood which doesn't exist.
    I differenciate between Germans and Nazis.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I differenciate between Germans and Nazis.
    If you are trying to make a point regarding General Petraeus, it eludes me.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

General Petraeus is neither a German nor a Nazi....he is a hound dog
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Attachment 64381

Apparently, she may actually be an honorary consul (not consul general) from South Korea. According to my beloved State Department (and my own experience), this is what an honorary consul does:

So, while she is still a whack job and still very wrong on her immunities, maybe there is SOMETHING to her claim.
    I'm curious, and since this is your area of expertise, I'll ask you. How does one become an Honory Consul? I can understand if she was from South Korea and had understanding of the culture and language but she's not. I know that Ambassadors' don't necessairly speak the language of the country but she's an honory and not employed by the US. What purpose does she serve? (Other than being a numb skull who has managed to bring down 2 of our highest ranking generalsl).
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    I wonder what General Patton would have said to a President that told him to go on record and repeat an absurd story about a youtube video?
    atctimmy likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I wonder what General Patton would have said to a President that told him to go on record and repeat an absurd story about a youtube video?
    Responding to this question with the words that Patton would have most likely used would be a language violation of this forum.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Responding to this questions with the words that Patton would have most likely used would be a language violation of this forum.
    hummm...good point...

Senior Moderator
    Also it is probably impossible to shove your head up your ass
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

hummm...good point...
    i can. "You want me to do what? ********** ******* ******. Best I can with forum rules. :)
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    I'm curious, and since this is your area of expertise, I'll ask you. How does one become an Honory Consul? I can understand if she was from South Korea and had understanding of the culture and language but she's not. I know that Ambassadors' don't necessairly speak the language of the country but she's an honory and not employed by the US. What purpose does she serve? (Other than being a numb skull who has managed to bring down 2 of our highest ranking generalsl).
    I really can't speak to what the S. Korean gov't might require of their honorary consuls, and I honestly only have a little bit of experience with honorary consuls from the US. The one I had the most dealings with was an American Citizen married to a local national of the country that I was serving in. They lived in a large city that was not serviced by an actual consulate, and was in fact hundreds of miles from the nearest one. She helped people who wanted to petition for visas, and was the point of contact for American citizens in her area that lost their passports or otherwise needed some assistance from the US Government. She had a very limited role, basically making sure folks were able to find the phone numbers and paperwork that they needed. She had an office provided by the US government (this is not the case for almost any other country's honorary consuls), though it was only manned (by her) part time. She spoke the local language by nature of her long time residency there (and aforementioned marriage to a local national), and was familiar with the local area and local government and emergency services.

All that said, I seriously doubt that Mrs. Kelley had much at all to do with the S. Korean government, or their Embassy/nearest consulate (which appears to be in Atlanta). And, again, I frankly have no idea how the govt of S. Korea vets and/or appoints their honorary consuls. I bet that right about now they wish they had never heard of Jill Kelley... :)
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    All that said, I seriously doubt that Mrs. Kelley had much at all to do with the S. Korean government, or their Embassy/nearest consulate (which appears to be in Atlanta). And, again, I frankly have no idea how the govt of S. Korea vets and/or appoints their honorary consuls. I bet that right about now they wish they had never heard of Jill Kelley... :)
    Thanks! You confirmend what I suspected...Jill Kelley has no credentials to be a consul to S. Korea, honory or otherwise.

I heard today that her pass onto MacDill has been revoked. She can still go onto base but has to go to the visitors center and check in like everyone else.
    I think she's quickly become persona non grata.

Re: CIA Director Resigns

The 'Linda Tripp' of her day. What a legacy.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Links