CIA Director Resigns

This is a discussion on CIA Director Resigns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think it's a cover story so he can get out from this administration. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: CIA Director Resigns

CIA Director Resigns

I think it's a cover story so he can get out from this administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    msgt/ret, pfries, mg27 and 3 others like this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have been confronted with the opportunity to cheat. I was able to say no by measuring what I would gain by what I would lose. Once you start to look at it in that light it gets much easier to say to yourself "it's just not worth it." She was pretty but she was not worth the wreckage. After all how do you look your son/daughter in the eye after doing that and tell him/her "I'm sorry I ruined your life and left you with deep emotional scars that will never heal....but she was really hot."?

Now with that said, I was sober when confronted with the opportunity. atctimmy quit drinking because atctimmy was not very good at saying no when into the sauce (before I was married I wrecked a few nice relationships that way).

atctimmy became a Christian after meeting his spouse...in a bar.

VIP Member
    I feel compelled to clarify that my previous declaration of fidelity was by no means a suggestion that I have not been a completely rotten person in other areas of my life.

I am a dirtbag, Saved by Grace.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Or so the administration could get out from him.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I feel compelled to clarify that my previous declaration of fidelity was by no means a suggestion that I have not been a completely rotten person in other areas of my life.

I am a dirtbag, Saved by Grace.
    I'm an ex-dirtbag saved by not being up for it anymore.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Unlike many political leaders, at least he had the brass to quit... many military know where the buck stops and even though he was thinking with the wrong head at one time, he did the right thing in the end... Good for him. Even though he screwed up, I have respect for his decisions...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

The rats are abandoning ship
    msgt/ret and Jeanlouise like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post

Really? All he had to do is resign for any reason.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I have been confronted with the opportunity to cheat. I was able to say no by measuring what I would gain by what I would lose. Once you start to look at it in that light it gets much easier to say to yourself "it's just not worth it." She was pretty but she was not worth the wreckage. After all how do you look your son/daughter in the eye after doing that and tell him/her "I'm sorry I ruined your life and left you with deep emotional scars that will never heal....but she was really hot."?

Now with that said, I was sober when confronted with the opportunity. atctimmy quit drinking because atctimmy was not very good at saying no when into the sauce (before I was married I wrecked a few nice relationships that way).

atctimmy became a Christian after meeting his spouse...in a bar.
    Nice work, on not cheating, on quitting the booze, and on meeting a good woman.

Let me just say this though. You said you have been confronted with one opportunity to cheat. These high level politicians can go virtually anywhere and women will literally throw themselves at them. I'm not talking about developing a relationship with a female coworker over the course of several months and having an affair. I'm talking about these guys showing up at some hipster bar in Georgetown on a Thursday and having every lawyer/student/capitol hill staffer willing to throw down just to say they did. Famous and powerful are a nice combination of attributes.

Also, there is probably more to the story.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Nice work, on not cheating, on quitting the booze, and on meeting a good woman.

Let me just say this though. You said you have been confronted with one opportunity to cheat. These high level politicians can go virtually anywhere and women will literally throw themselves at them. I'm not talking about developing a relationship with a female coworker over the course of several months and having an affair. I'm talking about these guys showing up at some hipster bar in Georgetown on a Thursday and having every lawyer/student/capitol hill staffer willing to throw down just to say they did. Famous and powerful are a nice combination of attributes.

Also, there is probably more to the story.
    I know it's not the same. Athletes/rich/famous live in a different world. I get it.

However, even though I'm not super good looking or super cool, "it" always seemed to fall into my lap. I changed my lifestyle in order to avoid "it". There are many famous/rich guys who can keep it in their pants.
    Hopyard, msgt/ret and SuzieQ like this.

From the thread title, I thought it would have been Benghazi that caused the resignation, as in resign or be fired because you are getting the blame.
    atctimmy likes this.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    Mulle46 I think you may be more correct than the headline. I find it hard to believe that it is in the news that the General and the wife of the aforementioned POTUS are both resigning without thinking of some links to Libya.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    From the thread title, I thought it would have been Benghazi that caused the resignation, as in resign or be fired because you are getting the blame.
    I think the blame will be assigned at the already scheduled hearings (next week?). It's always easier to assign blame if your scapegoat has been previously disgraced.
    JDE101 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    Mulle46 I think you may be more correct than the headline. I find it hard to believe that it is in the news that the General and the wife of the aforementioned POTUS are both resigning without thinking of some links to Libya.
    I was thinking along the same lines. It seems too convenient that he is resigning a few days before he was scheduled to testify at the closed door session of the intelligence committee. But maybe that is my conspiracy theory side kicking in.

On another note, what do we know about Acting Director Michael Morell? The name seems familiar. Was he involved in F&F?
    Walk softly ...

I knew heads would roll at some point about Libya, after the election regardless of result.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links