CIA Director Resigns - Page 3

CIA Director Resigns

This is a discussion on CIA Director Resigns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Maybe it has something to do with these quotes from Petraus and the chair of the homeland security comittee describing the concern that sparked Petraus ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: CIA Director Resigns

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Maybe it has something to do with these quotes from Petraus and the chair of the homeland security comittee describing the concern that sparked Petraus to launch an investigation into a leak in the Whitehouse:

"This is a very serious matter and it has been referred to the appropriate staff for follow-up action. Our normal process for investigating such incidents begins with a preliminary inquiry."

"To have a journalist have top secrets of the United States and not have it come from the CIA, not have it come from the director of national intelligence, this seems to have been given to him from someone in the White House," King said.
    Intel director launches initial leak probe over ex-NYT reporter's Libya claims | Fox News

So he starts investigating the leaks in the Whitehouse, and then all of a sudden his scandal is exposed? Interesting???
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with these quotes from Petraus and the chair of the homeland security comittee describing the concern that sparked Petraus to launch an investigation into a leak in the Whitehouse:

"This is a very serious matter and it has been referred to the appropriate staff for follow-up action. Our normal process for investigating such incidents begins with a preliminary inquiry."

"To have a journalist have top secrets of the United States and not have it come from the CIA, not have it come from the director of national intelligence, this seems to have been given to him from someone in the White House," King said.
    Intel director launches initial leak probe over ex-NYT reporter's Libya claims | Fox News

So he starts investigating the leaks in the Whitehouse, and then all of a sudden his scandal is exposed? Interesting???
    Oh, I'm sure it is just a mere coincidence. OK, sarcasm mode is now off! I don't believe in "coincidences" like this!
    Jeanlouise, RAL, RichB70 and 1 others like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    On another note, what do we know about Acting Director Michael Morell?
    He is a career CIA guy. If you remember the name the best bet is that you've seen him mentioned due to being Deputy Director or from his last run as acting Director.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think it's a cover story so he can get out from this administration.
    +1! To my knowledge the press wasn't on this story, so he could have just said he resigned for "personal family reasons" and be done with it... But that MAY appear as if he is being fired and told to step down.

I just can't see announcing an affair to the whole world unless he was provoked to do so by someone!
    Glock 26 Gen3 (EDC)
    Glock 21 Gen2 (HD)

VIP Member
    I don't understand why he had to come out publically and admit this. It's bad enough he cheated on his wife, but now she has to be publically humiliated. Why couldn't he have just resigned using the age old adage of, "I want to spend more time with my family" and spared his wife?

Maybe the journalist he had the affair with was going to go public and he wanted to first?

Oh, and now he isn't going to testify on Tuesday in the hearing on Benghazi because he's stepping down.

Somehow these things are related and the whole thing stinks. Remember it was Petraeus that said he hadn't told anyone to "stand down" during the embassy attack when the administration was obviously looking for someone to pin the whole mess on.

Oh what tangled webs we weave...
    RAL, thephanatik, phreddy and 1 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Another in the Democratic Party who couldn't keep his pants zipped up..............ala Billiy Clinton.

VIP Member
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

RAL
    I like Billy Graham's rule. He vowed never to be alone with a woman. He always had another strong Christian with him, not only as a witness, but to hold everyone accountable. If more people made such rules for themselves, and abided by them, I suspect there would be a lot more stable, long lasting marriages.

People should be thinking ahead of time about avoiding situations that can cause them, and those they love, harm.

Making wise decisions should be second nature for those who carry concealed. If not, don't carry.
    SuzieQ likes this.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Hes falling on his sword.......taking the wrap for OBAMA duh....... more to follow like 4 years more.......

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout

CIA Director Resigns

BetrayUs was doing the nasty with his biographer. Name of the biography? "ALL IN". Nice.

VIP Member
    I love how the name BetrayUs follows the guy. Used to be one side of the political realm called him that, now it is the other. Fun stuff.

I'd much rather focus on how losing the Director of National Intelligence could be a problem as we're facing Iran and their flip-flopping on the nuke issue, the Muslim Brotherhood flexing muscles, and Russia seeking to regain their former role as world leader.
    mulle46 and atctimmy like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Nothing in DC is as it seems, especially when a scandal and/or a coverup is afoot.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Something is rotten in Denmark..Alot happening at one time I should say...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

No one thinks .... his saying, they didn't deny support nor tell anyone to stand down in Benghazi, and being open with information, didn't tick off the WH , when it disagreed with their story line ?

Do you not think this was all well known, before the election ?
    Do you think it was not known.... when the affair was when he was in Afghanistan (2010) and way before he ever became the CIA Director ?
    Do you not think , the Admin might be trying to discredit him as he's suppose to testify in closed session with Congress on the Benghazi situation, under oath .... a man that takes his "oath" very seriously ?

Just ask the questions, be honest with yourself about the answers...... an 'affair' .... FBI investigating ..... all comes to light 3 days after the election ? Give me a break.

About like the Drone that got shot down by Iran over international waters on Nov 1, but was never reported or acknowledged until Nov 9th...... gee, don't think the 'delayed' reporting wasn't for political reasons ?

You determine it all for yourselfs, but look at it with an open mind.... and remember, they live in a "political " environment and most things are done for "political" reasons.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Back to my statement in an earlier thread about having more than one woman . . . why? Anyone who does deserves what they get.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links