CIA Director Resigns

This is a discussion on CIA Director Resigns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think this is another big warning: DO NOT - - - - off the administration. If you do, you WILL be gone. And you ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: CIA Director Resigns

VIP Member
    I think this is another big warning: DO NOT - - - - off the administration. If you do, you WILL be gone. And you WILL take the blame for the current problem with you. We can not underestimate the cunning and manipulation coming from the WH.
    When you have 90% of the media behind you then you can't lose, and he knows it.

Meanwhile, back on the farm, we are pretty much impotent to fight back. It's so frustrating watching this go on in the country right now. There's nothing I wouldn't put past this administartion to do. Nothing.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Clearly the WH knew about fling with the bimbo. They kept it under wraps until it could be useful - like to preempt or delay Petraeus' testimony to Congress on Benghazi.

Congress will get his testimony. The WH, now having less leverage on Petraeus than it previously had, may come to regret its decision. My prediction is that Petraeus will lay out the scheme to have him bring up the movie link and have Rice confirm it on the Sunday talk shows. This even when they both knew, and the WH did too, that the CIA resources on the ground had different intel that had gone up the chain.

It is going to get interesting to see what Congress will do when they have all the info. So far, the Congressional review is bi-partisan, but it remains to be seen if they act in the country's best interest when all is said and done - frequently they do not.
    vilecanards likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

The administration cannot afford for him to testify. He can be forced to, but now as a private citizen, he's very dangerous. I sure hope he isn't "Vince Fostered".
    vilecanards and ksholder like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    I knew heads would roll at some point about Libya, after the election regardless of result.
    Right, this had more to do with Libya than labia.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Wow, some of these posts are pretty imaginative. You all get As for creativity.

The reality is much more mundane and pitiful.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/us...fair.html?_r=0

"began with a complaint several months ago about “harassing” e-mails sent by Paula Broadwell, Mr. Petraeus’s biographer, to an unidentified third person,"

Just another love affair gone awry.
    Ishmael likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

If as reported ...

It can get hard to believe in a person's honor and trustworthiness when such a faithless breach is committed against those the person ostensibly holds most dear. It's hard to believe such a person would treat other responsibilities with any greater honor or trustworthiness. A dishonorable misstep.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

What does this thread have to do with defensive carry?
    Ishmael likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by owgem View Post
    What does this thread have to do with defensive carry?
    It was originally posted in the homeland security forum, with which it has much to do.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I'd much rather focus on how losing the Director of National Intelligence could be a problem...
    Petraeus is/was director of the CIA, not the DNI. The DNI is former USAF 3-star James Clapper. Your point, however, is certainly well taken.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

OK, so what is it doing here in the good and bad? According to the sticky only defensive carry issues belong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It was originally posted in the homeland security forum, with which it has much to do.
    Ishmael likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    "began with a complaint several months ago about “harassing” e-mails sent by Paula Broadwell, Mr. Petraeus’s biographer, to an unidentified third person,"

Just another love affair gone awry.
    It's funny that we don't learn about it until just after the election...
    Jeanlouise likes this.

OK, so what is it doing here in the good and bad? According to the sticky only defensive carry issues belong here.
    If it is bothering you this much and keeping you up at night I suggest you PM a mod
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Until you see a moderator plate above my avatar, you are asking the wrong guy.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

This breaks open the whole "can of worms" thing. He betrayed the trust of his wife that he would not cat around on her. Second, those who work for him also now cannot trust him due to the lack of ethics. He was presented the opportunity to NOT engage in a extra-marital affair as well but he let some other organ do his thinking.

Sooner or later it was bound to come out in the open and he made the decision to come clean. It shows that people do not take their vows or ethical behaviour serious, and this is the consequence for doing so.

Like Timmy said, I too in the past have been put into the place to cheat on my (now ex) wife. I took the vows I made very seriously, but in the end it was her was not faithful and accused me of having affairs. I was faithful to the very end but I did have the opportunity, I chose to decline the invitation. Maybe the General should have done the same.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I marvel at what some of these guys will risk to get...what they get at first. Like all men here, i've seen buddies throw away great wives and families for high school drop out bimbos who should have spent their tips on tattoo removal instead of breast augmentation. Just bizarre beyond belief. Then, I see folks like Tiger Woods lose multiple gazillion dollars and a Swedish bikini model wife over-a bonehead bimbo. Not a huge surprise, celebs are used to getting what they want when they want and get away with it mostly. I just thought that somebody with his background and education would at least be immune from getting caught, especially when the woman involved has the type of education and intelligence she appears to have. I mean, really, man, get a stinking trak-phone every few days and never write anything down, the CIA director should at least have the same counter surveillance ability the average cheating spouse has. I think she went after this guy with this in mind-up to the getting caught part, maybe because SHE was checking his email to see who else he was jogging with- but it takes two, so that doesn't matter. I'm now convinced that no man is immune.
    But I am really just freaked over the timing and how many people get wrapped up in the sex scandal part and are ignoring the administration's hand on this. Discredit him so it will be easy to hang the whole Benghazi deal on him? Right AFTER the election? There are no coincidences and the people in the WH spend every waking moment covering for the corrupt leftist thugs of the "free stuff" voters. The real facts are already shredded and burned and the ashes in a D.C. or Virginia sewer though, all we can do is watch the show when the Democrats hold a couple of hearings, simulate surprise and indignation, blame the disgraced, and maybe knock off a couple of those no longer useful with the blow back if the opportunity presents itself.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links