CIA Director Resigns - Page 6

CIA Director Resigns

This is a discussion on CIA Director Resigns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; " According to a congressional aide familiar with the matter , the House and Senate intelligence committees weren't informed that there was an FBI investigation ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: CIA Director Resigns

"According to a congressional aide familiar with the matter, the House and Senate intelligence committees weren't informed that there was an FBI investigation into the situation until Friday."
    I am sorry, I had to laugh at that. So what it comes down to is you believe or apt to beleive an unknown soource that would support your wants/beleifs in this situation over other information that is just as factual or debatable......
    It all comes down to what ya want to beleive and listen to the sources that support it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am sorry, I had to laugh at that. So what it comes down to is you believe or apt to beleive an unknown soource that would support your wants/beleifs in this situation over other information that is just as factual or debatable......
    It all comes down to what ya want to beleive and listen to the sources that support it.
    I didn't say that, it's a direct quote from the link that was posted about Cantor.

Another reason the administration would want Petraeus to resign is that he no longer has access to any documents that would back up his claim that the CIA had nothing to do with the Benghazi mess. He's been neutralized...it's now his word against the administration with no way for him to access papers. Conveniently, the WH is now calling all the information "classified"...more transparency from the administration.

We already know there has been a conspiracy to cover up the reason for the deaths of the Ambassador, 2 SEALS and a security agent. Now we have to find out who and why (as if we didn't know).

So you can laugh and double down on defending the indefensible, and I'll keep asking to hear the truth.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    OK, back to the original topic of this thread...the affair. The whole thing gets weirder by the minute. I just read that
    "The relationship was an open secret with those who knew the Petraeus', sources also tell Fox News. The FBI probe at one point led to Broadwell's email account, which uncovered the relationship with Petraeus."

Open secret? You mean Holly Petraeus knew about it?

I also read that the threats may have come from another source other than Broadwell. How many e-mails were flying around?

My head hurts. I'm going to go watch "The Walking Dead" and cheer myself up.
    Last edited by Jeanlouise; November 11th, 2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: typos
    Freedom Doc likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    While his career in the intelligence agency is done, he may very well let things simmer down a few years, then start running for elected positions. We seem to not have a problem with immoral actions by our elected officials. But we won't go into what that says about our country and it's future.
    Walk softly ...

Ah for the good old days....... Back when there were still OSS guys walking the halls this never would happen.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Administrator
    Getting deeper yet. Now there is another General involved.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    All the King's horses and all the King's men...
    Jeanlouise and goldshellback like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Getting deeper yet. Now there is another General involved.
    And up to 30K pages in documents. I'm sensing something big here. A spy ring? Were these guys targets?

VIP Member
    What a mess. Why do people, especially nowdays with e-mail and social media, imagine that an affair can be kept secret?
    I'm really surprised that the 2 women involved could be so stupid as to #1. send threatening e-mails to another woman she thinks is involved in some way and #2 that woman would get the FBI involved!

Of course the really dumb move was for Petraeus to have set this all in motion in the first place by having an affair.

This thing is going to be massive. I bet they are only scratching the surface. There had to be many other people involved in covering for them

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    And up to 30K pages in documents. I'm sensing something big here. A spy ring? Were these guys targets?
    I really doubt it. For centuries guys (and some gals) just can't keep their libido in check. What is likely is that folks in ppowerful positions like to boast about what they know to show how important they are...this pillow talk is normally unsolicited by the mistress i.e. they are not trying to gather information.

The danger is the mistress did not sign a NDA so they can go tell the press whatever they heard from whomever.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    The danger is the mistress did not sign a NDA so they can go tell the press whatever they heard from whomever.
    During one of her speeches a few months ago Broadwell said that she's a Major in the Reserves and has a Secret clearance. If she's still active duty then she could be charged with divulging secret information, re: that the CIA safe house is also a secret detention facility. Right? If so, Ms. Broadwell might find herself in a military prison for a few years.

I have seen several high ranking military men end their careers because of affairs, both officer and enlisted. I was a First Sgt for 3 years, so I was including in the briefings of the outcome of investigations, disciplinary actions etc. Most of these were commanders, Chief's, and other First Sgt's, the very people who participated in the investigations and dealt out disciplinary actions. It always amazed me how stupid they were, they knew how people got caught, yet they did the same bone headed things. Using governmet computers, government cell phones, facebook posts etc. A lot of these happened in deployed locations, perhaps this was a factor here. I've deployed many times, and twice as a First Sgt. I had several younger women blatantly flirt with me on those two deployments, which I'm sure had something to do with my position. Had I have been a weaker man I may have caved, so I can see how these things happen. I think the main reason is that people in high positions think they are untouchable.
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    During one of her speeches a few months ago Broadwell said that she's a Major in the Reserves and has a Secret clearance. If she's still active duty then she could be charged with divulging secret information, re: that the CIA safe house is also a secret detention facility. Right? If so, Ms. Broadwell might find herself in a military prison for a few years.
    I was making a general statement...I try really hard not to make definitive statements about things as they are evolving LOL. Anyway, to answer your question.

These are just generalities, of course a prosecuter can determine what specific charges can be brought against someone:

1. All officers have a security clearance.
    2. As far as divulging secret information and being guilty of it one has to know that the information is classified. Just suppose I tell a person in the military that we have an ability to do xyz. I do not tell you it is classified. Now you go tell a friend or do a speech. Then you are not doing anything wrong since you did not know.

And I have no idea what you mean by a CIA safe house being a secret detention facility. I must have missed something

VIP Member
    I was making a general statement...I try really hard not to make definitive statements about things as they are evolving LOL. Anyway, to answer your question.

These are just generalities, of course a prosecuter can determine what specific charges can be brought against someone:

1. All officers have a security clearance.
    2. As far as divulging secret information and being guilty of it one has to know that the information is classified. Just suppose I tell a person in the military that we have an ability to do xyz. I do not tell you it is classified. Now you go tell a friend or do a speech. Then you are not doing anything wrong since you did not know.

And I have no idea what you mean by a CIA safe house being a secret detention facility. I must have missed something
    Broadwell said that in her speech. It's been mentioned a couple of other times in the media as the reason the breech is so serious and ties the whole mess to Benghazi.
    I don't have any insider information, I'm just repeating what the pundants are saying. It may be not be all true but Broadwell definitely said that in her talk because I watched the video of her saying it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Broadwell said that in her speech. It's been mentioned a couple of other times in the media as the reason the breech is so serious and ties the whole mess to Benghazi.
    I don't have any insider information, I'm just repeating what the pundants are saying. It may be not be all true but Broadwell definitely said that in her talk because I watched the video of her saying it yesterday.
    Okee Dokee...just looked it up. OK, first of all I am just going to give scenarios and as always I am not a lawyer. We had plenty of lawyers in my unit to take care of these situations LOL.

You have to remember she is acting a civilian writer hired to do his bio. OK, as far as I know if she heard this information and knew it was classified and she was on active duty at the time then she can be prosecuted, have her clearance taken away, and do jail time. In reality she will get her clearance revoked and her commisiion taken away. There are many breaches of security in the military and government that never go to a trial. Mostly admin punishment. The ones that go to trial are ones like Manning who is tryin got divulge secrets to harm the US.

Now, if she was inactive at the time then she would most likely only have her clearance taken away.

Both of the above are assuming she did know the information she had was classified.

She can be punished if she was on active duty for (fill in the formal charge here) lack of judgement.

Clear as mud?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Links