CIA Director Resigns - Page 7

CIA Director Resigns

This is a discussion on CIA Director Resigns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What really makes this a "mud" storm is the He said-She said aspect. The question of What She Knew To Be Classified before this or ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 148
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: CIA Director Resigns

  1. #91
    Ex Member Array dbglock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Durham, N.C.
    Posts
    278
    What really makes this a "mud" storm is the He said-She said aspect. The question of What She Knew To Be Classified before this or that can never be known beyond self-serving testimony. It's not like there were video cameras with sound secretly recording everything that transpired.


  2. #92
    VIP Member Array goldshellback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    OKC; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Posts
    4,750
    Here's an intresting video and story on a speech Broadwell made after the attack but prior to the affair coming to light...

    Petraeus mistress reveals real motive behind Benghazi attack (VIDEO) — RT

    It could be argued that she's revaling too much and some info is/was classified..... wether she knew it or not.... but lets be clear, she is not stupid. She knows whats what.

    “Now I don’t know if a lot of you heard this, but the CIA annex had actually had taken a couple of Libya militia members prisoner,” Broadwell told a crowd at the University of Denver alumni symposium on October 26. “And they think that the attack on the consulate was an effort to try to get these prisoners back. So that’s still being vetted.”
    This quote alone raises questions........

    Open secret or not, you mess around AND you have political rivals/enimies, it'll come back atcha.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

    (Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

  3. #93
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Petraeus mistress reveals real motive behind Benghazi attack (VIDEO) — RT

    It could be argued that she's revaling too much and some info is/was classified..... wether she knew it or not.... but lets be clear, she is not stupid. She knows whats what.

    This quote alone raises questions........
    That's the quote I was referring to and that ties it to Benghazi. I am not a conspiratory theorist, just looking at the facts as they are coming out. It's all about the cover up, just like Watergate. The crime was second rate and bungled but it eventually brought down the POTUS.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  4. #94
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    That's the quote I was referring to and that ties it to Benghazi. I am not a conspiratory theorist, just looking at the facts as they are coming out. It's all about the cover up, just like Watergate. The crime was second rate and bungled but it eventually brought down the POTUS.
    I am trying to figure out how people are trying to tie that into a conspiracy. It this is different issue. The conspiracy issue is when did the President know about the investigation and was there a deal to keep him quiet about Libya.

    The whole thing about Broadwell is just a sideshow soap opera. Look, people with clearances have been doing pillow talk with their wives and mistress's for forever. This is nothing new either.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  5. #95
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NSA Headquarters
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I am trying to figure out how people are trying to tie that into a conspiracy. It this is different issue. The conspiracy issue is when did the President know about the investigation and was there a deal to keep him quiet about Libya.

    The whole thing about Broadwell is just a sideshow soap opera. Look, people with clearances have been doing pillow talk with their wives and mistress's for forever. This is nothing new either.
    Pillow talk doesn't account for the supposed 20 to 30 thousand pages of email and documents.

    Also there now appears to be a "shirtless" FBI agent involved. It just gets weirder and wilder.

  6. #96
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Pillow talk doesn't account for the supposed 20 to 30 thousand pages of email and documents.

    Also there now appears to be a "shirtless" FBI agent involved. It just gets weirder and wilder.
    What I am saying is for those that are looking for a conspiracy, narrow it down and don't let other things obscure it. The conspiracy is the way I understand it "The presidetn knew about all of this and kept it quiet until after the election and then the plan was to oust Petraus so he can't let folks know that the President and government screwed up in Libya and are attempting to cover it up"

    Everything elss, whether pertinent to national security or a bad soap opera, is not "the conspiracy".

    Petreus screwed up like lots of powerful men. And they are finding out the who's and what's and if there was any damage.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  7. #97
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,515
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Pillow talk doesn't account for the supposed 20 to 30 thousand pages of email and documents.

    Also there now appears to be a "shirtless" FBI agent involved. It just gets weirder and wilder.
    I agree

    I don't know about any governmental conspiracy, other than What The Frack is going on that a Miami Socialite has 10's of thousands of emails from at least 2 commanding generals and shirtless pictures of FBI agents?
    atctimmy likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  8. #98
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,868
    Curiouser and curiouser, the rabbit hole is now open!
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  9. #99
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,720
    It sure sounds like a CIA operation.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  10. #100
    VIP Member
    Array OPFOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Nomad
    Posts
    4,713
    The second woman is a Tampa socialite, from what I've read, not a Miami socialite. :)

    And suntzu, there is a phrase in many legal situations that may (MAY) come into play here regarding Broadwell: "Knew or should have known." If she is/was indeed a field grade officer, it will be very hard to argue that she had no idea that information about activities at a covert CIA safe house was classified. She may not have been told explicitly, but she should have known based on her rank, position, and experience.

    And indeed, this is a strange tale and getting stranger. I am not at all ready to buy into any conspiracies re POTUS, the administration, and the handling of the Benghazi cover-up (and at this point it is pretty clear that there was an attempt to cover up the motivations behind the attack, as well as many details about the attack itself), but good grief there are a lot of General officers and high ranking intelligence folks who have clearly stepped in it big time.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

  11. #101
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    16,868
    Two words for the POTUS: Remember Nixon?
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  12. #102
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The second woman is a Tampa socialite, from what I've read, not a Miami socialite. :)

    And suntzu, there is a phrase in many legal situations that may (MAY) come into play here regarding Broadwell: "Knew or should have known." If she is/was indeed a field grade officer, it will be very hard to argue that she had no idea that information about activities at a covert CIA safe house was classified. She may not have been told explicitly, but she should have known based on her rank, position, and experience.

    And indeed, this is a strange tale and getting stranger. I am not at all ready to buy into any conspiracies re POTUS, the administration, and the handling of the Benghazi cover-up (and at this point it is pretty clear that there was an attempt to cover up the motivations behind the attack, as well as many details about the attack itself), but good grief there are a lot of General officers and high ranking intelligence folks who have clearly stepped in it big time.
    In Bold: And I addressed that also:
    She can be punished if she was on active duty for (fill in the formal charge here) lack of judgement.
    I have seen plenty of folks screw up with clearances. She will lose her clearance and that is it, along with her commisiion. I know plenty of officers in the intel field and other fields that are dumb as rocks. It would not be hard for her to say she either did not know it was classified or she accidently spoke.

    Many times folks that have been exposed to classified information let it slip by accident. Sometimes you might forget the classification. I am not excusing her, just saying what the facts are.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  13. #103
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,197
    It's true that is isn't unusual for people to lose their clearances, it does happen all the time. However, this is a monumental breech of security having to do with terrorism and the death of 4 people.

    Also, now that everyone from an Airman first class to the President of Libya knows that the attack on the consulate had nothing to do with an obscure youtube video...it's even stranger that a smart, savy guy like Petraeus would testify 3 days after the attack that it WAS due to a video. He had to know better. WHY would he go along with that sham? Because he was told if he didn't the affair would come to light and he'd be forced out? (conjecture on my part but reasonable I think.)

    Then, Petraeus dissed the Prez by denying the CIA ever gave a "stand down" order and that put the ball squarely back in Obama's corner.
    Suddenly, 2 days after the election, Petraeus is outed, resigns and now it's his word against the administrations as to who was responsible for the order.

    Now Petraeus is gone, Hillary is going and the WH will fill all it's appointments with yes men.

    If I'm wrong I'll shave my mustache.
    Freedom Doc likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  14. #104
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It's true that is isn't unusual for people to lose their clearances, it does happen all the time. However, this is a monumental breech of security having to do with terrorism and the death of 4 people.

    Also, now that everyone from an Airman first class to the President of Libya knows that the attack on the consulate had nothing to do with an obscure youtube video...it's even stranger that a smart, savy guy like Petraeus would testify 3 days after the attack that it WAS due to a video. He had to know better. WHY would he go along with that sham? Because he was told if he didn't the affair would come to light and he'd be forced out? (conjecture on my part but reasonable I think.)

    Then, Petraeus dissed the Prez by denying the CIA ever gave a "stand down" order and that put the ball squarely back in Obama's corner.
    Suddenly, 2 days after the election, Petraeus is outed, resigns and now it's his word against the administrations as to who was responsible for the order.

    Now Petraeus is gone, Hillary is going and the WH will fill all it's appointments with yes men.

    If I'm wrong I'll shave my mustache.
    Let us start from the beginning.
    1. The breeches in security i.e Broadwell having access to info she should not hav had nothing to do with what led up to the deaths of the 4 Americans.....
    2. Most everybody already knows that the attack was not triggered by a Youtube video. That has been common knowledge for most in the last few weeks
    3. Hillary was thought by many experts months ago to not be staying on for the second term. This is common for many cabinet appontees. It happens all the time. And most cabinet members are YES men, have been and always will.
    4. Is there politics involved?.....DUH DUH DUH. When is it not. It sadly is what happens and will always happen. It is Washington DC being DC. Nothing new except folks don't like the POTUS.

    Five bucks say if this was a Republican or a President folks like they would be trying hard to explain things away...just humman nature.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  15. #105
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    2. Most everybody already knows that the attack was not triggered by a Youtube video. That has been common knowledge for most in the last few weeks
    Has the WH and Secretary of State been notified because I haven't heard either of them retract their position on this.

    Broadwell's security breech didn't directly have to do with the deaths but it's all tied into the Benghazi cover-up in that Obama was adament that the attack was NOT terrorist initiated. Now we hear from Broadwell that the CIA safe house may have been an interrorigation facility. That is in direct opposition to Obama's claim that #1 he killed Bin Laden and #2 there have been NO other terrorist attacks on America since 2008. As everyone knows, our Embassy and Consults are considered American soil.

    Then the Ambassador and 3 others are murdered by a co-ordinated terrorist attack less than 30 days before the election. OOPS. Better blame youtube for the attack.

    I can't wait for the hearings. As for politics, I can just imagine the 24/7 rabid coverage by the media of Bengazhi if it happened under Bush.
    msgt/ret and Freedom Doc like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

benghazi cia testamony
,
coalition village honorary consul general
,

coalition village macdill afb

,
november 14th, report cia scandal sends inappropriate emails
,
the good the bad the ugly gunrunners
Click on a term to search for related topics.