CIA Director Resigns - Page 8

CIA Director Resigns

This is a discussion on CIA Director Resigns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Operation Gunrunner gets Executive Privilege, Petraeus and Co. get front page of every paper in the country. Go figure....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: CIA Director Resigns

VIP Member
    Operation Gunrunner gets Executive Privilege, Petraeus and Co. get front page of every paper in the country. Go figure.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I have seen plenty of folks screw up with clearances. She will lose her clearance and that is it, along with her commisiion. I know plenty of officers in the intel field and other fields that are dumb as rocks. It would not be hard for her to say she either did not know it was classified or she accidently spoke.

Many times folks that have been exposed to classified information let it slip by accident. Sometimes you might forget the classification. I am not excusing her, just saying what the facts are.
    I have spent many years as the "guardian" of classified information in Embassies and Consulates, as well as conducted hundreds of SSBIs and SSBI periodic re-investigations. I've also participated in investigations into suspected disclosure of classified (though of course the Feebs take the lead on those). I say all that only to say this - you're right. I don't expect some sort of decades long prison sentence, I was simply pointing out that "no one told me it was classified" isn't an iron-clad defense for someone in her position. All this, of course, assumes that she DID in fact say something that she shouldn't have, which is far from proven at this point.

And yes, there are TONS of dumb people with clearances. Ms. Broadwell being a prime example.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    @ Suntzu: I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I'm more inclined to believe in a spy theory over any other sillyness.

Back on topic: I just read that the apparently nutty socialite may have been the one sending thousands of e-mails. Not the other way around. <--- This is not 100% at this point in time. So, if that is the case, Allen may not be in hot water.

Senior Moderator
    I heard the same thing that atctimmy has , that Allen just sent about 50 emails to her and in a couple of them he called her sweetheart. Seeing how is is from the south, that probably is just a trem of speech.

Oh and OPFOR, Hey she is froma city in FLoridia with a NFL team....I had a 1 in 3 chance
    goldshellback likes this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I just listened to an audio clip of a 911 call made by Jill Kelley, where she claimed that her lawn was "inviolable" because she was an "honorary consul general." This great honor was bestowed upon her by the "Coalition Village" of MacDill Air Force Base for charity work, and (of course) carries absolutely no diplomatic status. Even if she WERE a consul general, she would only be entitled to the limited diplomatic immunity that consuls (as opposed to "mission" staff at Embassies) receive, and then (of course) only when actually serving in a consular post overseas! She goes so far as to tell the 911 dispatcher that they might want to get "diplomatic protection" involved because someone was on her lawn! Great Odin's Ravens, couldn't these four-stars associate with (alleged) paramours that had one tiny lick of sense between them?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Jill Kelley is ridiculous. Diplomatic immunity for a glorified party planner?
    According to this report the e-mails were way more than flirting. Gen. Allen&#39;s emails to friend of Petraeus family were like &#39;phone sex,&#39; sources say | Fox News
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Hm. I wonder if one or more of these folks is related to the Kardashians.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Jill Kelley is ridiculous. Diplomatic immunity for a glorified party planner?
    According to this report the e-mails were way more than flirting. Gen. Allen's emails to friend of Petraeus family were like 'phone sex,' sources say | Fox News
    This is a great example of my Gunrunner comment. People are so distracted by the sex scandal that DOJ-armed drug cartels, dead diplomats, dead ICE agents, and burnt-out embassies get put on page 4, or are forgotten entirely.
    atctimmy and Jeanlouise like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    This is a great example of my Gunrunner comment. People are so distracted by the sex scandal that DOJ-armed drug cartels, dead diplomats, dead ICE agents, and burnt-out embassies get put on page 4, or are forgotten entirely.
    THANK YOU. I posted earlier that the conspiracy or issue at hand is LIBYA. Everything else is soap opera drama and quite honestly is fluff for the 24 hour news machine. Folks are getting wound up if Broadwell had information she should not have had or leaked it in a speach....as far as the issue it does not matter. It is seperate.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    THANK YOU. I posted earlier that the conspiracy or issue at hand is LIBYA. Everything else is soap opera drama and quite honestly is fluff for the 24 hour news machine. Folks are getting wound up if Broadwell had information she should not have had or leaked it in a speach....as far as the issue it does not matter. It is seperate.
    Deliberately-distracting/misdirecting soap opera drama.
    William T. Sherman

I would tend to agree that this is a distraction if I didn't believe it was exactly what people are interested in. The majority of people in America would rather hear the titillating details of famous/attractive people's sexcapades than struggle with issues of honor, duty or principle. (I'm talking about the average Joe not the members of this forum).
    pgrass101 and msgt/ret like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I would tend to agree that this is a distraction if I didn't believe it was exactly what people are interested in. The majority of people in America would rather hear the titillating details of famous/attractive people's sexcapades than struggle with issues of honor, duty or principle. (I'm talking about the average Joe not the members of this forum).
    I suspect it all boils down to what people can relate to as individuals. Everybody can, or at least could at one time relate to pheromones, drama, and lack of moral imperative, while only a few have genuine first-hand experience with the deadly consequences of the ineptitude, the self-serving and sometimes-felonious behaviors of those entrusted to care-take the public well-being.
    dbglock likes this.
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Off with her head!
    atctimmy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    As more details come in it appears that you were correct, there are no spies....just a crazy lady, a jealous lover and two male buffoons.

I'm still not sure where the "shirtless" FBI agent fits in.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    As more details come in it appears that you were correct, there are no spies....just a crazy lady, a jealous lover and two male buffoons.

I'm still not sure where the "shirtless" FBI agent fits in.
    Yeah it seems more like an episode of Melrose Place than a Tom Clancy novel
    atctimmy likes this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links