CIA Director Resigns - Page 9

CIA Director Resigns

This is a discussion on CIA Director Resigns within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pgrass101 Yeah it seems more like an episode of Melrose Place than a Tom Clancy novel So ... I'm waiting to hear ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: CIA Director Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Yeah it seems more like an episode of Melrose Place than a Tom Clancy novel
    So ... I'm waiting to hear what the ultimate security risk was. Perhaps the safe combination was embroidered on the ... Ach. I'm sure we'll be hearing about all this garbage for weeks to come, if not more. Which makes me even more suspicious about what's about to be flung over the fence (or swept under the rug), elsewhere. Where's the National Enquirer when you need them?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I fully realize the important issue is Benghazi and I'm fully behind a complete investigation. I've followed it closely since day one and was furious when Clinton stood there at Andrews AFB and continued to promote the fantasy about the youtube video.
    So, if I gave the impression that this drama should take center stage then that is far from the truth.

However, Petraeus gave testamony that supported the absurd notion that an obscure youtube video was directly responsible for the attack. Why would he do that!

Maybe it's a male/female thing because I argue this with my husband too. I think the affair will somehow factor into the cover up when all is said and done.

If Stevens had been given better security when he asked for it weeks before the attack, it would all be a moot point.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yeah it seems more like an episode of Melrose Place than a Tom Clancy novel
    No, a Tom Clancy novel is interesting, whereas grown men--especially those who should know better or have much to lose--who can't keep their pants zipped is old news.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Moderator
    It gets even better Jill Kelley Ran a Bogus Cancer Charity, Wants 'Diplomatic Protection' - Yahoo! News

The Kelleys established the Doctor Kelley Cancer Foundation in 2007 with the exclusive mission "to conduct cancer research and to grant wishes to terminally ill adult cancer patients," according to The Huffington Post. Things did not exactly go as planned. "By the end of 2007, the charity had gone bankrupt, having conveniently spent exactly the same amount of money, $157,284, as it started with -- not a dollar more, according to its 990 financial form," HuffPost's Jason Cherkis and Christina Wilkie report. "Of that, $43,317 was billed as 'Meals and Entertainment,' $38,610 was assigned to 'Travel,' another $25,013 was spent on legal fees, and $8,822 went to 'Automotive Expenses.'" Neither of the Kelleys were able to be reached for comment.

So don't bother with the fiscal cliff, Libya or anything else here is a nice juicy scandal that will take over the airwaves for weeks.......
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I fully realize the important issue is Benghazi and I'm fully behind a complete investigation. I've followed it closely since day one and was furious when Clinton stood there at Andrews AFB and continued to promote the fantasy about the youtube video.
    So, if I gave the impression that this drama should take center stage then that is far from the truth.

However, Petraeus gave testamony that supported the absurd notion that an obscure youtube video was directly responsible for the attack. Why would he do that!

Maybe it's a male/female thing because I argue this with my husband too. I think the affair will somehow factor into the cover up when all is said and done.

If Stevens had been given better security when he asked for it weeks before the attack, it would all be a moot point.
    While it appears his moral compass may have been de-magnetized, Petraeus has always been a good soldier, and good soldiers follow orders.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

It gets even better Jill Kelley Ran a Bogus Cancer Charity, Wants 'Diplomatic Protection' - Yahoo! News

So don't bother with the fiscal cliff, Libya or anything else here is a nice juicy scandal that will take over the airwaves for weeks.......

The good news is, they didn't spend a dollar more than they had. The Federal Govt. could probably learn a thing or two from this organization.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    As more details come in it appears that you were correct, there are no spies....just a crazy lady, a jealous lover and two male buffoons.

I'm still not sure where the "shirtless" FBI agent fits in.
    Make that three male baboons, I mean buffoons, one female spy though we don't yet know that for sure,
    one female nut job, and then there is the sister of the nut job that two of the buffoons swore was OK
    to a judge, but we don't know the entirety of that.

There still is the "whistle blower" from the West Coast (why'd he get mixed up in something that
    wasn't his business) and the role of Eric Cantor to be sorted out.

I don't think this has anything to do with Libya, but I think it is the tip of the iceberg of something
    that goes beyond mere "youthful indiscretion." There has to be a "rational" answer for how
    the "lady" wound up with bunches of classified information and why Allen was (apparently, it may not have been
    him) sending tons of e-mails to the lady in FL.

Very very strange stuff. Putin did it. (Why not? Gotta blame someone.)
    atctimmy likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Wag the dog.........

Sloppy sloppy sloppy......... In the good old days Petraeus would have had a stroke, Kelley would be found nude, full of alcohol and floating face down in her pool and the biographer would be killed in a car accident.

What would Wild Bill Donovan and William Casey think?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Wag the dog.........

Sloppy sloppy sloppy......... In the good old days Petraeus would have had a stroke, Kelley would be found nude, full of alcohol and floating face down in her pool and the biographer would be killed in a car accident.

What would Wild Bill Donovan and William Casey think?
    Or William Colby?
    mcp1810 and atctimmy like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    While it appears his moral compass may have been de-magnetized, Petraeus has always been a good soldier, and good soldiers follow orders.
    But again, that's the excuse the Nazis used.
    Caertaker and atctimmy like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    But again, that's the excuse the Nazis used.
    There were lots of good soldiers in the German army, and the Russian army, too. That aside, I was offering up an explanation about why he would give absurd testimony regarding a movie nobody ever saw enflaming a Benghazi Brotherhood which doesn't exist.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    20087394_BG2.jpg

This is - I kid you not - Jill Kelley's license plate. I'm sorry that I'm wrapped up in the relatively minor (and sidetracking) issue of her claiming "inviolability" based on this, but as it has been my bread and butter for many years now, it just cracks me up to no end. Apparently, she may actually be an honorary consul (not consul general) from South Korea. According to my beloved State Department (and my own experience), this is what an honorary consul does:

Honorary consuls are American citizens or permanent resident aliens who perform consular services on a part-time basis. Honorary consuls, unlike career consuls, are permitted to carry on another business. These persons have “official acts” immunity only and immunity from the obligation to provide evidence as witnesses only in respect of official acts. They do not enjoy personal inviolability and may be arrested pending trial if circumstances should otherwise warrant. Family members enjoy no immunity or personal inviolability. Honorary consuls are issued official identification cards by the Department of State.
    So, while she is still a whack job and still very wrong on her immunities, maybe there is SOMETHING to her claim.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It's true that is isn't unusual for people to lose their clearances, it does happen all the time. However, this is a monumental breech of security having to do with terrorism and the death of 4 people.

Also, now that everyone from an Airman first class to the President of Libya knows that the attack on the consulate had nothing to do with an obscure youtube video...it's even stranger that a smart, savy guy like Petraeus would testify 3 days after the attack that it WAS due to a video. He had to know better. WHY would he go along with that sham? Because he was told if he didn't the affair would come to light and he'd be forced out? (conjecture on my part but reasonable I think.)

Then, Petraeus dissed the Prez by denying the CIA ever gave a "stand down" order and that put the ball squarely back in Obama's corner.
    Suddenly, 2 days after the election, Petraeus is outed, resigns and now it's his word against the administrations as to who was responsible for the order.

Now Petraeus is gone, Hillary is going and the WH will fill all it's appointments with yes men.

If I'm wrong I'll shave my mustache.
    Smart lady, AND I will bet, exactly correct.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Make that three male baboons, I mean buffoons, one female spy though we don't yet know that for sure,
    one female nut job, and then there is the sister of the nut job that two of the buffoons swore was OK
    to a judge, but we don't know the entirety of that.

There still is the "whistle blower" from the West Coast (why'd he get mixed up in something that
    wasn't his business) and the role of Eric Cantor to be sorted out.

I don't think this has anything to do with Libya, but I think it is the tip of the iceberg of something
    that goes beyond mere "youthful indiscretion." There has to be a "rational" answer for how
    the "lady" wound up with bunches of classified information and why Allen was (apparently, it may not have been
    him) sending tons of e-mails to the lady in FL.

Very very strange stuff. Putin did it. (Why not? Gotta blame someone.)
    You actually think all this has nothing to do with Libya? You should join the Obama administration and help them stonewall.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    You actually think all this has nothing to do with Libya? You should join the Obama administration and help them stonewall.
    Yes, I think this has NOTHING to do with Libya, and that stuff is being entirely overblown for
    political purposes. When a country sends representatives to a chaotic land, sometimes chaos happens.

How that gets tied to boys playing around with naughty girls, is beyond my comprehension.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Links