Elderly & disabled veteran stops burglar with WWII gun! - Page 2

Elderly & disabled veteran stops burglar with WWII gun!

This is a discussion on Elderly & disabled veteran stops burglar with WWII gun! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Go Grampa!! Seriously, though, I can only hope that any of us would be as cool and collected as this gentleman was....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Elderly & disabled veteran stops burglar with WWII gun!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Go Grampa!!

Seriously, though, I can only hope that any of us would be as cool and collected as this gentleman was.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Good thing he had a heads up and a loaded gun in the house with enough foresight to retrieve his pistol before the door was breached.This is why I carry on me even inside my house,you may not have time to retrieve a gun in a back bedroom if your door is suddenly kicked open,since it is going to take a second for your brain to process the door kicked in before you think "gun" gotta get it,wheres it at,whats the combination etc.
    lchamp likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Good thing he had a heads up and a loaded gun in the house with enough foresight to retrieve his pistol before the door was breached.This is why I carry on me even inside my house,you may not have time to retrieve a gun in a back bedroom if your door is suddenly kicked open,since it is going to take a second for your brain to process the door kicked in before you think "gun" gotta get it,wheres it at,whats the combination etc.
    Right there with ya. I 100% agree with the notion of packing at home. In fact, I tell newbies if they don't carry anyplace else, carry full time at home. I always answer the door with a gun on me, but not in sight. My impression is that the most likely time to have to use a handgun for defense is in the home. The number of home invasions with the residents in the house, in a year, is thousands of times the number of incidents where someone comes into a restaurant and starts shooting, or starts shooting up a mall, or something similar.

That's the thinking behind why I have a gun on me or in the night stand drawer. I also carry outside the house 24/7 every place it's legal.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links