Not Good: shot at with his own gun... - Page 2

Not Good: shot at with his own gun...

This is a discussion on Not Good: shot at with his own gun... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My well-hidden USB connected ipod learned the hard way that it can't stay in the car in my own driveway. Definitely wouldn't keep a gun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Not Good: shot at with his own gun...

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    My well-hidden USB connected ipod learned the hard way that it can't stay in the car in my own driveway.

Definitely wouldn't keep a gun in there. ...Maybe if it was bolted down in a locked steel case.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Get a good lockbox and at least make the thief work to steal your gun if you have to leave on in your car.
    I have one of those...only used it once...going onto a military base.

Distinguished Member
    A GunVault Nano is under $25 and offers reasonable protection for your firearm when you can't carry into "no-gun" places.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

As has been said GunVault, tethered to the seat which is bolted down. It'll take moire time and hopefully someone notices, but again this is only for when I am somewhere I can't carry. And so far, never over or at night.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I also supposed he could have kept it in the car unloaded (in addition to locking it up)

Quote Originally Posted by RM686 View Post
    Its bad enough to leave your gun in the car if you have to go into the post office. But never for any length of time. A number or years ago I left a quarter on my dash board. Some jerk broke my side window to steal the quarter. It just goes to show how desperate some people are. That quarter cost me $135.00 for a new side window. I never leave anything in my car from that date on. A lesson learned the hard way.
    This is why I don't even lock my car. The only thing more valuable than the window is the car itself and its insured.

One of main reasons why i dont support any public establishment with prohibit gun signs.... You have a law abiding citizin getting shot or killed by there wn gun. Remember bg dont obey laws be careful and be safe people, stay one step ahead always, just saying... Eddie.
    lchamp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    A GunVault Nano is under $25 and offers reasonable protection for your firearm when you can't carry into "no-gun" places.
    The price is certainly reasonable, but I'm not sold on the security part. Even though a pair of dykes will cut right through that cable(with a good two hand squeeze) this guy said his screwdriver was probably quicker. Might not be a good choice if you plan to leave your gun in your car for extended periods of time like not being able to carry at work. Will only prevent the most basic smash-n-grab and if I was going into vehicles looking for guns, I think I would have a couple small tools with me. Especially knowing how many people use these little lock boxes.
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links