Home alone? Women should be armed... - Page 2

Home alone? Women should be armed...

This is a discussion on Home alone? Women should be armed... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Ksgunner Question, Can you start shooting when they start kickin....just askin. Some have. Recently. Posted here somewhere... Guy shot his gun through ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Home alone? Women should be armed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Question, Can you start shooting when they start kickin....just askin.
    Some have. Recently. Posted here somewhere... Guy shot his gun through the door.

I'd wait 'til I saw the whites of their eyes.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    I'm also very surprised they didn't kill her and dump her body. She was lucky in that respect but she's going to relive that nightmare over and over. Poor woman.

I've become much more aware of being safe when I'm at home. We live in a subdivision that is in the country on 2-3 acre lots. It's quiet and the neighbors look our for each other. But, people work or aren't home for whatever reason and if something did happen I doubt if I could expect someone to be there to help.

I always make sure the doors are locked. I have a full view glass storm door that has a deadbolt. The dog likes to sit and look out so I know he'd bark if someone came up to the house. I also now keep the garage doors shut...never did that before.

Our security system is set so that you hear a "ding" if a door or window opens. I've done what I can. I'd like to keep a gun downstairs within easy reach. I know it's best to have it on you but realistically, I probably wouldn't do that on a day to day basis.
    scgunlover1 and MrsHB like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member
    Another sad story of how un-protected so many people still are.

We both carry at home (and everywhere else that's legal).
    We have an extensive security system with "visitor announcement" features.
    Steel doors with reinforced frames and break-resist security film on all ground floor windows.
    Short of truck through a wall, we'll have plenty of warning, but the intruders will get NO warnings and just as much mercy.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    I'm also very surprised they didn't kill her and dump her body. She was lucky in that respect but she's going to relive that nightmare over and over. Poor woman.
    Shame, that. But true enough. PTSD.

I've become much more aware of being safe when I'm at home. We live in a subdivision that is in the country on 2-3 acre lots. It's quiet and the neighbors look our for each other. But, people work or aren't home for whatever reason and if something did happen I doubt if I could expect someone to be there to help.
    Neighbors should look out for each other... but, as you say, can't always be done... people have to work to support their McMansions (both parents out of the house), and the 3-7 wide screen tvs, and the two new cars, and the video games...and and and.

I always make sure the doors are locked. I have a full view glass storm door that has a deadbolt. The dog likes to sit and look out so I know he'd bark if someone came up to the house. I also now keep the garage doors shut...never did that before.
    Good that you're more security conscious... The dog is a plus.

Our security system is set so that you hear a "ding" if a door or window opens. I've done what I can. I'd like to keep a gun downstairs within easy reach. I know it's best to have it on you but realistically, I probably wouldn't do that on a day to day basis.
    The day may come when you will change your mind... I'm sure the woman in the story wishes she had a gun on her at the time of the attack... And not in another room.

It truly is a sad state of affairs... nowadays.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Lish, you are right, you ARE better prepared than your husband. No doubt on that.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

They would not have gotten both feet through the threshold at my house.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Shame, that. But true enough. PTSD.

Neighbors should look out for each other... but, as you say, can't always be done... people have to work to support their McMansions (both parents out of the house), and the 3-7 wide screen tvs, and the two new cars, and the video games...and and and.

Good that you're more security conscious... The dog is a plus.

The day may come when you will change your mind... I'm sure the woman in the story wishes she had a gun on her at the time of the attack... And not in another room.

It truly is a sad state of affairs... nowadays.
    It is the neighbors that I am worried about where I live....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links