Store owner waits...

Store owner waits...

This is a discussion on Store owner waits... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; until he is actually in peril of life or grave bodily injury.... then does what needed to be done... Story here...

Store owner waits...

until he is actually in peril of life or grave bodily injury.... then does what needed to be done...

Story here
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Reads like he did the right thing. He apparently felt he was in little danger until the perp breached the door.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I look to beef up that security door. Glad teh old guy was able to defend himself.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Hope the lady is ok. Alls well that ends well.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Score: Good guys 2; Bad Guys 0. All in all, a greatday for Philadelphia as two dangerous criminals have been permanently removed from the gene pool. The store owner should definitely improve the quality of his security door, but it sounds like he waited for the opportune moment and then took action.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Three officers fired, and the man was hit once in the chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

I wonder where the other two rounds went?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    Three officers fired, and the man was hit once in the chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The same hole?
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. ~Burke, Edmund

Proud owner of a G35. And yes I carry it concealed.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    sounds like a couple of good results. No recidivism allowed.

"The woman, who was the man's aunt, was taken to Temple and reported in stable condition. Why she was shot was not immediately clear, Small said."

She probably suggested that the young thug needed to get a job!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post

Two? I'm wondering where the other 19 went?

I seriously have a hard time thinking that three Oficers who fear for their lives would only fire one round apiece.

I know I'd probably fire 3 or 4 even if I wasn't scared out of my wits.

And if I was, then I'd probably shoot untill the noise of rapid fire brought me back to me senses.
    Or maybe the sound of my gun going click, click, click!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

At 7:39 p.m., officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 3400 block of Braddock Street in Harrowgate and found a 36-year-old woman "lying on the sidewalk, bleeding," Small said.

As they were trying to help the woman, a 22-year-old man appeared in a doorway "within feet" of the officers and pointed a gun at them, Small said.

"It was a pretty scary situation," he said.

The officers ordered the man to drop the gun, which he failed to do, Small said. Three officers fired, and the man was hit once in the chest. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
    So the Perp was within "Feet" of the LEO's they were able to draw and had enough time to order Perp to drop his gun before firing and only 1 round was on target,Maybe they need to invest in Night sites and more training,those other rounds went somewhere in a residential neighborhood
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links