Bad -- The beat goes on / get worse

This is a discussion on Bad -- The beat goes on / get worse within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mulle46 What guns? I had a boating accident. You too? I had the same problem. Darned boats. They just don't make 'em ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Bad -- The beat goes on / get worse

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    What guns? I had a boating accident.
    You too? I had the same problem. Darned boats. They just don't make 'em like they used to.
    mulle46 likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    The problem with Americans, is we are so afraid of death,

I'm 47. Lived a full life. Don't really give a damn either way, and never really figured I'd live this long. So, they are screwed if they think they can have mine.
    RE: Part in bold. You are a young man. Probably you have 35 more years if you take care of yourself.
    Put on a smile and keep chuggin. Really G man, it scares me when I hear folks talk (write) like that.
    Take care.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    RE: Part in bold. You are a young man. Probably you have 35 more years if you take care of yourself.
    Put on a smile and keep chuggin. Really G man, it scares me when I hear folks talk (write) like that.
    Take care.
    Sorry Hop. I'm not plan'in on going anywhere soon. I'm just sayin that I've put it on the line, my beliefs and convictions all of my life, despite the consequences. I just believe it's not how long we live that matters, but how we live.

Wish I had the common sense to back down, but it's just not who I am.
    Live free. Ain't no other way.
    lchamp and HotGuns like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    The problem with Americans, is we are so afraid of death, we forget to live. We talk a big talk, but how many here would really put it on the line? Use those guns for there original intended purpose?

I'm 47. Lived a full life. Don't really give a damn either way, and never really figured I'd live this long. So, they are screwed if they think they can have mine.

Now, I don't think we are close yet, as some may say, but, it is comin.

One day, it will come a time to be able to stand up and say " no" with action instead of words.

I'd say this is a good time for a gut check.
    OK, California is in! I've talked to them all and all 7 of them are with me!
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    They should give Ottawa a call and see how well it worked out for the Canadians...
    What did the Canucks ever do with their gun registry?

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    What did the Canucks ever do with their gun registry?
    - They used it to reduce their gun crime to 0%. Didn't you hear?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sarcasm heavy with toker. Lol
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member
    Criminals who further illegally acquire guns shouldn't be a protected class as they have been duly processed. Yet, with the Haynes decision defying common sense, nobody's mentioned Heller (2008) or McDonald (2010) which held "that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to possess a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home, in federal enclaves" and "that the right of an individual to 'keep and bear arms' protected by the Second Amendment is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states", respectively.
    We citizens not only have 2A protection but, more importantly, we have political recourse to any tyrannical move to increase national registration. If we mobilize by communicating with our representatives, no matter their stand, and with our friends in government, we not only have the distinct advantage of being right on the facts, but we are a substantial force for liberty. My only hope - and I'm willing to weigh in with any friend of the court that pledges to liberty - for the next four years is that we get our day with a good national carry case under the current mix of SCOTUS justices or that there's no reason to fear for such basic liberty under a new mix. I have absolutely no fear of the UN or any arms trade treaty.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Senior Moderator
    There is an old Chinese saying that says

" when its time to bury your weapons...its time to use them".
    mprp and 10thmtn like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member
    That may be why it's an old saying.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    That may be why it's an old saying.
    Correct. And notice that it is not an old Mayan saying?
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

"Supposedly" got rid of it.....

Canada

Gun control and full bands won't happen in our generation. It will happen over the next 50 years or more. It will start with an awb then move to higher taxes on guns and ammo. In the next decade the 2nd amendment will fall or be modified. At some point we will be subject to a database. I think that the way they will do it is to make it prohinpbitively costly to own a gun. Over generations gun ownership will fall and along with the databases, etc it will be easier to collect them. Our subsequent generations will be brainwashed against guns as the left is, quite frankly, better st propaganda than the center or right.

The only glimmer of hope is that the amount of buying has sky rocketed in recent years and the hope is that young people are buying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links