Accidental shot fired in local movie theater

This is a discussion on Accidental shot fired in local movie theater within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hopefully this corrections officer just had the wrong gear and maybe not familiar with good CC gear beings it's doubtful that he conceals on duty. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Accidental shot fired in local movie theater

Hopefully this corrections officer just had the wrong gear and maybe not familiar with good CC gear beings it's doubtful that he conceals on duty. Either way though he shouldn't have a need to play with it to the extent that it was fired if he was set up correctly. Hands off, no touchy!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Well, that puts to rest the debate about the odds of an AD/ND in a movie theater and the odds of a mass killer in a theater. This year we have had one mass shooting in a theater and at least 2 ND's/AD's. So guess this give more amm for the owners of theaters to say it is safer to not allow CCP'ers in a theater.
    I will give them credit to that argument when the body count for each event approaches equal.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

What this situation needs is a Level 4 tactical holster (when Level 3 simply...isn't enough). Like my dear ol' Daddy used to say - Nothing is "fool-proof" for a sufficiently talented fool.
    accessbob likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Unless it is an old worn out flimsy leather holster where the leather got crinkled up into the trigger guard,...or an improperly fit (not made for that weapon) holster, I fail to see how someone could manage to depress the grip safety on an XD and pull a round off while the gun is holstered, just by adjusting it on their belt.
    accessbob likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links