Bad: Student Shot on School Bus in Miami - Page 2

Bad: Student Shot on School Bus in Miami

This is a discussion on Bad: Student Shot on School Bus in Miami within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm I'd be willing to bet that had this youth been effectively brought up and trained on firearms safety, handling and usage, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad: Student Shot on School Bus in Miami

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that had this youth been effectively brought up and trained on firearms safety, handling and usage, at worst we'd be reading about how some kid got expelled for bringing an unloaded firearm to school to show his buddies.

Sad, that an innocent had to pay for his stupidity, and for what's almost assuredly to be the utter lack of training he got at home.
    Yessir! all the above!

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    That is how the antis put it so that the emphasis is on the gun, not the person, and that way it justifies control of the gun tactics.
    Exactly. In the example I posted above, the media said, 'the gun was in his backpack and went off when he dropped it on his desk.' It was a modern .45 semi-auto. They dont just 'go off' and that's not much of a drop either.

I'm sure the boy had his hand in the backpack and hit the trigger accidentally, either grasping the gun intentionally or otherwise. But either to make guns sound more dangerous or perhaps to remove blame from the boy, that's the only story we ever heard. The boy was not charged but the parent was.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links