Bad, Bad, Bad, Macho Camacho Shot In Drive-by

This is a discussion on Bad, Bad, Bad, Macho Camacho Shot In Drive-by within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Puerto Rican boxing champ Camacho brain dead after shooting - Yahoo! News...

Thread: Bad, Bad, Bad, Macho Camacho Shot In Drive-by

VIP Member
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

I wasn't a big fan of his show boating but he was a great boxer. Prayers for him and his family.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

mkh
    I'm not a boxing fan but he was one I enjoyed watching in his earlier days. Seems like he got violent and into drugs later in his career. Still though its sad.

Sad deal. Thoughts to the family.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

He was taken off life support a little while ago. Macho had struggled with addiction to drugs and alcohol, and not surprisingly (at least not to me) cocaine was found in the vehicle where he was shot. Puerto Rico (my birthplace) has a very high murder rate and the great majority are drug/gang related. I'm sure this incident was another drug related crime, and very likely, Macho's friend (driver) was the primary target. Nonetheless, he was a great boxer back in the day.

Correction: He's still on life support. There were some news outlets that reported earlier today that he was taken off life support, but that was incorrect as the family was waiting for Macho's son to arrive from NYC. I just read that after the son saw him in the hospital the family decided to keep him on life support, for now.
    Last edited by boricua; November 22nd, 2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: correction - update
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    RIP Hector...I'm sorry he got into the drug scene.

Bad, Bad, Bad, Macho Camacho Shot In Drive-by

That is a loss to the boxing world. He was an excellent boxer in his day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Man, I'm a little heart broken about this. I can somewhat relate to his troubles as a young man in NYC. Bad stuff around every corner just waiting to happen. It takes a strong support system to not get caught up in it.

I loved his style in the ring especially early in his career. Fast hands and footwork that made for a very efficient fighter. Sad. I feel for his family.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Links