Store Clerked warned robber...I have a gun!

This is a discussion on Store Clerked warned robber...I have a gun! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok, let's change the subject here a little since it seems popular to argue the points made in the first New Release. Ask yourselves this! ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Store Clerked warned robber...I have a gun!

Ok, let's change the subject here a little since it seems popular to argue the points made in the first New Release.

Ask yourselves this!

Why is the cause of death ruled a homicide if the Clerk shot him in self defense?

From the Coroners Link.

quote " A 21-year-old Lake City man is dead after an attempted robbery Saturday night at a Millcreek Township beer store.

"I have ruled it a homicide," Erie County Coroner Lyell Cook said Sunday.

Cook identified the man as Patrick Atkins. Based on the results of an autopsy performed Sunday, Cook said, the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the chest. Atkins was shot once with a handgun, Cook said.Millcreek police had said late Saturday that a man was shot at by a clerk during an attempted armed robbery at the Beer-4-Less store at 2756 W. 12th St.Police said a man wearing dark clothing and a ski mask entered the store Saturday at a little after 8 p.m. with what appeared to be a silver handgun in his hand and demanded money from the clerk.The clerk had a handgun and shot at the man, who fled north on Filmore Avenue, police said."

Did I over look something???????

LOOKS like a good shoot to me! One less bad guy junkie in a jail cell!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

2. Remove Ads

A homicide is a person killed by another person. In this case it was justified.
    Bubbiesdad likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    A homicide is a person killed by another person. In this case it was justified.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by ZacMan1987 View Post
    Jesus, Mary, and Joseph does anybody on here actually read and critically evaluate anymore?

My point was NOT that the clerk shouldn't have shot him!

The person I originally replied to said something to the effect of:

"The clerk must have had lots of training in order to draw and get a shot off before the BG shot him."

That statement assumes several things about the BG that are NEVER explicitly stated ANYWHERE in the article.

The clerk was 100% justified in shooting the dirtbag precisely when he did. No question.

However, there is NO WAY to know how much he trained or what factors contributed to his successful defense of his life.

If you had bothered to read the thread, you would see that I just explained this to somebody else who made the exact same misinterpretation as you.

My point is don't spout off advocating this training method or that carry method or this gun or that ammo when there is nothing in the article to support what you are saying. Maybe it was Quickdraw McGraw's Tacticool Holster Clearing Ninja Warrior 3 Week Super Elite Marathon Training Extravaganza that saved him. From the details actually provided in that article, we'll never know.

Reading: let's bring it back.
    Hey ZacMan- apparently I wasn't the only one to misunderstand the intent of your post. I did read the thread, though. I think you were just the first to turn the tide of the thread from its original direction and focus on a poster's comments re: training. For what it's worth, Quickdraw McGraw's Tacticool Holster Clearing Ninja Warrior 3 Week Super Elite Marathon Training Extravaganza is an awesome class.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links