Store Clerked warned robber...I have a gun!

This is a discussion on Store Clerked warned robber...I have a gun! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: Armed robber killed in Millcreek shooting threatened store clerk | GoErie.com/Erie Times-News Coroner releases name of man shot in Millcreek | GoErie.com/Erie Times-News Please ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Store Clerked warned robber...I have a gun!

Store Clerked warned robber...I have a gun!

Police: Armed robber killed in Millcreek shooting threatened store clerk | GoErie.com/Erie Times-News

Coroner releases name of man shot in Millcreek | GoErie.com/Erie Times-News

Please read these articles. A Law Abiding citizen saved his own life in my opinion. And this is a perfect example of exactly why we need to stand up to anti-gunners and their ******** proposals. A criminal is dead as the result of his actions. This was part of a large crime spree that is under investigation. I don't give two nickels that some people are saying he was a Heroin addict and needed help. Do a stupid trick, recieve a stupid prize! This person was in the right state of mind to brandish a firearm so there's no excuse that will do. He got what he had coming. Justice was served in my opinion.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    End of crime spree...

From the article, police Capt. Michael Tesore: "We are not encouraging people, naturally, to carry guns and get gun permits and take matters into their own hands," Tesore said.

This type of statement bothers me the most. There are LEOs that understand and encourage armed law-abiding citizens, yet too often there's the notion that only cops need guns. What should the clerk, or any victim of an armed robbery, have done then? Tell the BG to wait while they call 911? If a BG breaks into my home if I'm alone, and finds out I have no cash, drugs, or nothing of street value, who or what will stop him from endangering my life or raping me? Not the cops--I can't afford to keep one with me all the time, they're expensive, lol.

Thumbs up to the store clerk, sounds like he had the presence of mind to do what needed to be done to defend himself. Heroin addict or not, the BG already decided before he walked into that store that his need for money was worth more than the clerk's life. That's the mindset of these thugs. You are merely an obstacle between him and want he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    From the article, police Capt. Michael Tesore: "We are not encouraging people, naturally, to carry guns and get gun permits and take matters into their own hands," Tesore said.

This type of statement bothers me the most.
    Ditto. What he's really saying, with such words, is the old drivel that vigilantism is frowned upon. Fine, to warn folks not to form riotous lynch mobs and whatnot. But what he's failing to state is that NOBODY ELSE is going to save a person on the instant a situation blows sideways other than the citizens themselves. LE is on the end of a telephone line, 5+ mins away.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

G' afternoon Ladies & getlemen, an Export San MIguel or lime ade in the patio? It has been ruled that the police do NOT have to protect YOU, only enforce the existing laws. They cannot be found at fault if they do not put themselves in the line of fire to defend you - so effectively you are the only one truly responsible for your well being.

Never the less, many, very fine, and dedicated officers, 'do' put their lives on the line for you. be grateful and hold them highly, as for the others, even if they just stand by and watch you being killed, legally they are not found to be at fault.

Don Jose de La Mancha

[QUOTE=MamaMaria;2460925]From the article, police Capt. Michael Tesore: "We are not encouraging people, naturally, to carry guns and get gun permits and take matters into their own hands," Tesore said.

i don't mind LEO's not encouraging us to carry, as long as they're not DISCOURAGING us from doing so.
    GunGeezer likes this.

Apparently the BG had a gun in his hand and the clerk drew and shot the BG. The clerk of course did the right thing but it should be noted that he was well practiced to get the shot off before the BG got his shot. This takes proficiency and big brass balls. Congratulations store clerk, whoever you are.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post

This type of statement bothers me the most.
    I suspect his legal department told him to say that. He didn't want to get attacked by the PC police.

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    I suspect his legal department told him to say that. He didn't want to get attacked by the PC police.
    This town (city, county, and surrounding areas) have a very vigilant course of attacking LEO's in the media.
    Long story short, the officer is well aware of the concequences of making a different statement about the situation. Go to the archives on the goerie.com websight. The media will attack a police officer for making statements while he is off duty. The LEO's around here do deserve respect. They are way out numbered here for the size of the current population. Often times they must call neighboring departments for assistance especially when the temp rises and the sun goes down.

mkh
    I don't think I would have given a verbal warning.
    MASSIVE likes this.

Bang...I have a gun
    MASSIVE, darbo and GunGeezer like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The story should have ended after the 4th paragraph in the first article.

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    This is very likely. Nonetheless, LE should neither encourage nor discourage citizens to carry, anymore than a citizen should to another citizen. I support those whose personal choice is not to, and obviously those whose choice is to.
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

A gun on the hands of a herroine addict is just as deadly as in the hands of one whos not....why should the law be any differant ???

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I don't think I would have given a verbal warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Bang...I have a gun
    "When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk." ..... Tuco

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links