Bad: Vendor Shot at Farmer's Market

This is a discussion on Bad: Vendor Shot at Farmer's Market within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I saw this a few minutes ago when our sheriff's office posted it on their Faceook page. The BG's are still at large and they're ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bubbiesdad
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By Lish

Thread: Bad: Vendor Shot at Farmer's Market

I saw this a few minutes ago when our sheriff's office posted it on their Faceook page. The BG's are still at large and they're looking for info. This happened at my local Farmer's Market, I never realized there was a coin and gun booth over there, that's who was robbed and shot - 6 BG's were involved. It's always a nice place to walk around, hang out and check out what's for sale. We were just there a couple weeks ago. A small town feel and while I know it can happen anywhere, I really was surprised to read it tonight. It's just a reminder I guess it can happen anywhere.

Polk detectives seek information on shooting, armed robbery | TBO.com

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I hope they get their "due process" soon.

mkh
    Way too many animals loose on our streets these days.

Hope they get their just dues soon.

Hopefully they will resist arrest.
    tkruf likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

About 7:45 a.m., two black male suspects approached the victim's coin and gun booth at the market, 2701 Swindell Road, and told the victim they wanted to buy a gun. When the victim refused, the suspects told him they would be back.
    I wonder why he refused to sell them a gun? I don't mean that sarcastically either. I genuinely would like to know why he refused to make the sale.

A few minutes later, six black males approached the victim's booth. One of the suspects smashed the glass case that the handguns are kept in with a hammer. Another suspect shot the victim in the stomach with a handgun.
    Really sucks it turned out this way. My condolences go out for the family regardless if the victim survives or not, it's sad that such a thing happened.

I noticed at the bottom of the link, a website and phone number was listed for Crime Stoppers, or whatever it's called there. That's the way to go. A lot of these gangsters run around talking about how they'd NEVER snitch, but put up a cash reward, and add in that it's a rival, you have the perfect storm. Kinda funny that Crime Stoppers reward money usually ends up in the hand of another gangster/drug dealer who thus uses the money to either buy more illegal guns or to buy more drugs to sell/use.

It's actually a pretty common practice for other drug dealers to snitch out their rivals. Not only does it save them from the possibility of jail time for murder, they also profit from them (the reward money AND rival off the street, enhances profit).

Funny system we have, no?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Very bad outcome to a 'smash and grab'. These punks need to not breathe anymore...... just me.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Very bad outcome to a 'smash and grab'. These punks need to not breathe anymore...... just me.
    With anyone so brazen, that's probably the only thing that will stop them.

Imagine, if everyone there had been carrying. A bad scene, no matter how you slice it, but if such folks had next to no chance making it out alive I wonder if the crime ever would have occurred ...
    goldshellback likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Very unfortunate event. Hope the BGs are quickly captured. Keep us all in the loop.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Blitzburgh I wondered about the vendor refusing to sell also - one thought is at 7:45 the market is just opening. Or maybe he knew they were no good from a past encounter or they wouldn't produce ID - Idk - I'll be curious to hear if that's ever said.

Ccw9mm - I'd be surprised if there weren't at least some carrying, it is FL after all :) I wouldn't have pulled my weapon with 6 BG's unless me or my family was too close, 6BG's sound like losing odds, especially for a bystander. I'm not sure how many were armed. The sheriff's office in my county actually has quite a reputation for "not in my county", the sheriff is well loved and pretty aggressive - no one has even bothered to run against him in a very long time. Bad stuff still happens here, obviously, but its widely known you dont resist arrest here unless you have a death wish. I'm sure they'll pursue this aggressively and I'll look forward to hearing when they're caught. Our sheriff's office sells this poster, it makes me smile every time I see it LOL It sums up our sheriff's office well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353852066.995081.jpg
    tkruf likes this.

Hope they catch the scumbags quick.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Links