Bad: More black Friday 'madness'

This is a discussion on Bad: More black Friday 'madness' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 shot outside Tallahassee Walmart | News - Home No real info other than stupid people fighting over a Wally-World parking space . Ya'll be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bad: More black Friday 'madness'

Bad: More black Friday 'madness'

2 shot outside Tallahassee Walmart | News - Home

No real info other than stupid people fighting over a Wally-World parking space.

Ya'll be safe out there and and watch out for those meanies and idiots.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Just let them have the parking space. There are usually others available.

I saw this story the other day and have been curious about the whole thing. They were shot outside the garden center - but the problem was over a parking space... So they got the space and were gunned down while walking in?

I've really grown to hate this time of year.... Online shopping...the UPS guy is my best friend from now until January!

Ah, Babylon.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Yeesh, and I've read stories thinking somebody was a major jerk because a car got keyed or had its tires slashed as a result of a parking space dispute,......

It was last black friday or the year before, I remember reading an article where a shopper sprayed OC spray on another shopper as they were racing to a shelf with 1 item remaining they both wanted.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Yeesh, and I've read stories thinking somebody was a major jerk because a car got keyed or had its tires slashed as a result of a parking space dispute,......
    yeah, keying a car is old fashioned.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    yeah, keying a car is old fashioned.
    Apparently so is decency, common courtesy and respect,...
    Lish, RichB70, ctr and 2 others like this.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

VIP Member
    I have never understood why the most joyous time of the year brings out the pure evil in some folks.
    ep1953 and Hoganbeg like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I have never understood why the most joyous time of the year brings out the pure evil in some folks.
    ...and the day after giving thanks for all that you already have and are blessed with.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I've noticed that the folks most likely to take a Pirate's Stand over some silly-assed Parking Space seem almost always to be the same people who would benefit the MOST from the longer walk of an...alternate Parking Space! Slow down, take a little stroll, lower your Blood Pressure, exercise your heart and avoid A LIFE THREATENING GUNFIGHT! And I think a State Regulated Handicapped Parking Permit should be mandatory for the use of those electric-powered shopping carts. I grow weary of being run-down & blocked-off by morbidly obese, yet perfectly ambulatory, folks who feel they're somehow entitled to their egocentrically-powered requirement for ease & comfort. I WANT handicapped folks to have access to shopping. I want FAT, LAZY people to, pardon the pun, pull their own weight. Please leave those carts for the handicapped.
    ep1953 and msgt/ret like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    Just let them have the parking space. There are usually others available.
    Sounds like the victims never had a chance to just let them have the space.
    Sounds to me like words were exchanged after the victims got the space, then as the victims walked in, THAT'S when they got shot.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Just think, if this is the way people act over saving a few bucks the day after Thanksgiving, how will they act when the SHTF, say the dollar collapses, or whatever? Kinda showing the true colors of our society these days. Really pathetic.
    mprp likes this.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I would be interested in knowing if the shooter had a permit *sigh*. I sure hope not. But all of us tend to be painted with that broad brush when idiots do this stuff.

People in our society today seem to feel so little in control of their own lives that they feel the need to assert themselves like this. It reminds me of road rage in that way. (Not to mention the lack of ability to control their anger).
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Here's a mini-brawl that allegedly started over a pair of freaking shoes. A pair of SHOES.

Black Friday Brawl At Roseville Galleria Caught On Tape CBS Sacramento
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

Yeah, stupidity abounds. It just seems to abound more frequently when a "good deal" is available for the taking. And more frequently, still, in the big-box, super-discounter type spots.

"Black" Friday is a good name for the insanity. Discounts are fine, but at what cost? The "day after" is always a good day for lazy leftovers and time with family/friends.

You know, it occurs to me that retailers could help avoid some of the insanity by simply stocking nicely-priced items at varying times throughout the discount period. They'd sell their inventories, they'd offer good deals, many would have a shot at the discounted stuff, but as there wouldn't be any way to tell when the stuff would be stocked on the floor there wouldn't be any purpose to heading out at 3am to "beat the rush." I'd bet the "stupids" would be far less likely to get bent, if the pressure in the cooker were simply reduced in such ways.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; November 26th, 2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    goldshellback likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links