Man Shot in Self Defense in Downtown Seattle

Man Shot in Self Defense in Downtown Seattle

This is a discussion on Man Shot in Self Defense in Downtown Seattle within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man fatally shoots assailant in downtown Seattle nwcn.com ^ | Saturday, October 7, 2006 | By JESSE JONES Posted on 10/08/2006 1:03:37 AM EDT by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Man Shot in Self Defense in Downtown Seattle

Man fatally shoots assailant in downtown Seattle
    nwcn.com ^ | Saturday, October 7, 2006 | By JESSE JONES

Posted on 10/08/2006 1:03:37 AM EDT by bad company

Man fatally shoots assailant in downtown Seattle

06:05 PM PDT on Saturday, October 7, 2006

By JESSE JONES / KING 5 News

Video

More ... Custom Video ...
    SEATTLE - A fight between two total strangers led to a fatal shooting in downtown Seattle Saturday morning.

It happened at Fourth Avenue and Pine Street, at 11:30 a.m., in the heart of the shopping area.

Police said a man who was visiting downtown and minding his own business was brutally attacked by a stranger. But the victim of that attack had a gun and license to carry it. So he shot his attacker.

Police said they received complaints about a man who had been harassing shoppers about a half hour before the incident. But the suspect then began assaulting a complete stranger, kicking him repeatedly

“We heard a loud noise, we looked out the window there was a black man standing over somebody with a gun in his hand then he was walking around. And he was saying: ‘I shot him,’” said witness Annette Johnson.

KING

The assault happened just outside Westlake Center.

“The other guy with the gun was in shock, too,” said another witness, Linda Vu.

Emergency crews rushed to the scene

“When officers saw the person he did not attempt to run,” said Jim Pugel of the Seattle Police Department. “He said: ‘I'm the one who did it and he handed the weapon to the officers.’”

The man who fired the gun was taken in for questioning.

Aid crews transported the victim to Harborview hospital where he later died.

Police said they have no plans to charge the man who fired the weapon but are still investigating the case.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Bravo! I thought that folks in Washington State had all been converted into California style granola crunchers. When I was stationed at Fort Lewis, just south in Tacoma, I had a CCW permit and was allowed to carry on post or off. Now the army has emasculated it's fighting men stateside. Back then you could carry anywhere. Bars, Taverns, anyplace. I did, too. But I was sensible. Everybody was. My CCW permit was valid for four years and cost me IIRC....$25.00 Then I was discharged and left and the State went Granola. Californian's moved in and took over.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Oh Well...

some BG's never learn until they arrive at their FINAL lesson!

Stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    You see, ExSoldier, the thing that made the place fall apart was YOU LEAVING.

(I'd try to lay some guilt on you about that, but I'm having trouble figuring out just exactly how)

Re-up, and get stationed back there! :)

And another one bites the dust, boom boom.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Great story! Sounds like he was attacked with deadly force, alright. I'm glad this one ended with the victim cleared.

Thumbs up

Add another to the win column for the good guys.

Add another dirtbag to the list of those "Successfully Rehabilitated".

Charlie
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Aid crews transported the victim to Harborview hospital where he later died.
    what makes me laugh is that the media makes the bad guy out to be "the victim" rather then "the assailant".
    The true would be "victim" (the CCW holder) decide NOT to be a victim and took care of defending himself =
    One is only a victim, if you allow yourself to be one!

another BG bites the dust...

Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels was probably so PO'd he went into his private bathroom in his office and screamed. His whole argument to disarm the public went up in smoke, right in his own city. Now what is he going to tell his "bud" Mayor Bloomberg, his compatriot in urban disarmament?
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

Seattle Mayor's plan as I recall is:
    1. Handguns to be SOLD with locks and cable locks are ok....same as now, check.

2. Close the 'gun show loophole' which is ok with me ...check.

3. More monitoring of assault weapons which is also ok with me...check.

Do not recall any suggestion by him to mess with the citizens' right to bear. WA has always been a shall issue, right to carry state and the first to pass the 3 Strikes Law and a little more libertarian than authoritarian thank god.

Edit -- Tho I did not and will not vote for him for any office ever.
    Last edited by riverkeeper; October 9th, 2006 at 06:29 PM. Reason: addl comment

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...hooting07.html

Linda Vu, who was across the street from the shooting, handing out fliers for political activist Lyndon LaRouche. "It's kind of crazy."

This part stuck me as hilarious for some reason...

Exclamation Watch out when you start "agreeing" with anybody who's long term agenda is to BAN!

Quote Originally Posted by riverkeeper View Post
    Seattle Mayor's plan as I recall is:
    1. Handguns to be SOLD with locks and cable locks are ok....same as now, check.

2. Close the 'gun show loophole' which is ok with me ...check.

3. More monitoring of assault weapons which is also ok with me...check.
    I'm a little bit curious: Just what IS this gunshow "loophole" you're okay with the government "closing" and how do they propose to close said loophole? Also, what kind of monitoring are YOU comfortable with when it comes to semiauto rifles?

An "Assault Rifle" is a firearm that has a selective fire mechanism. As in flipping a switch to move from semi-auto to FULL auto or "burst." That requires a Federal background investigation and payment of a tax as well as a letter of good character from a Chief of Police. That's for Class III weapons aka a "machinegun."

The term "assault rifle" is just a sound bite made up by the antis. You're saying it's okay to "monitor" everybodys lawful semiauto firearms. In the strict sense even a revolver is "semiauto" as it fires one shot for each pull of the trigger and is "self loading" with the rotating cylinder.

Anytime you start offhandedly agreeing with the guys who would wish unilateral personal disarmament upon ALL of us, you'd better take a close look at the long term agenda! Ask yourself this: Is this an end to restrictive legislation or is this an incremental first step? History shows it is the latter.

There is only ONE reason to register guns and that is for their eventual confiscation. There is only ONE reason to pass "one gun a month" legislation and that is to achieve total gun registration with an eye to later implement confiscation.

Lead Moderator
    When attacked, fight back with more force......... Appears it works, hope there are is no legal bad news for the guy!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Anytime you start offhandedly agreeing with the guys who would wish unilateral personal disarmament upon ALL of us, you'd better take a close look at the long term agenda! Ask yourself this: Is this an end to restrictive legislation or is this an incremental first step? History shows it is the latter.

There is only ONE reason to register guns and that is for their eventual confiscation. There is only ONE reason to pass "one gun a month" legislation and that is to achieve total gun registration with an eye to later implement confiscation.
    Yep, just look at us, we are fighting for our life up here, not helped much by these pack of idiots shooting people in schools.

VIP Member
    Ex, I have the feeling we have anothe Agent Provocatuer in our midst!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links