BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN - Page 2

BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN

This is a discussion on BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty I believe in SD and Defense of your home, but this was a blatant cold blooded murder/execution. Sure sounds like it....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I believe in SD and Defense of your home, but this was a blatant cold blooded murder/execution.
    Sure sounds like it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Mr. Smith Is gonna spend a lot of time in jail...

Two kids won't be robbing anyone again.

It's sad that he was so fed up that he had to take out his feelings on two kids... but they chose the wrong house at the wrong time. He'll do time. hard. long. time.

in the end, as it should be.... but the means don't justify the end in this case.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    A few quick points to play defense, since no one else likely will:

1) "I want them dead" is not the same as "I wanted them dead." It might indicate
    he doesn't know what he did. He used the present tense.

2) Its not fair to judge a person from a photo, especially one in jail orange, but he doesn't
    look right upstairs to me.

3) We only have his self-incriminatory statement to go on. Maybe it didn't happen the way
    he told the story, or maybe he doesn't really know how it happened.

4) No excuse for what he did (if he did what they are saying) but those two kids were very dangerous. They broke into an occupied home and I have no doubt wouldn't have hesitated to kill him if the chance or need arose; and maybe planned to do it
    for fun too, but he got them first.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    He probably will get a big time out in the Penn for this, but the girl was absolute trouble, according to the sister of the boy,

From article;
    Brady's sister, Crystal Schaeffel, told the Star Tribune that Kifer had broken into her home before. Little Falls police records show Crystal Schaeffel reported a theft Aug. 28, but the department said the report was not public because that investigation was continuing and because it named juveniles.

These kids were probably hopped up on something.
    She was possibly out in the car waiting for a signal from him(windows rolled up), didn't get a signal from him, and she went to check.

Definitely went too far he did.
    Czombie likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I didn't realize it was possible to fail as hard as he did. here is a follow up, bail set at 2 million. the rest of the article pretty much repeats itself.

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20121...nclick_check=1
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Well now I can understand this. It was thanksgiving and he didn't want to bother anyone. And the shot under the chin? To put her out of her misery.

Very compassionate guy, actually.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

My impression is that there's much more to this story... like this isn't the homeowner's first brush with the law.

It would be an interesting case to follow.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I bet he's asking "... why, oh, why didn't I take the blue pill?"
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Meh, I don't feel sorry for anyone that breaks in to a home then gets killed because of it, no matter how they died. I will be every interested in what the verdict would be. I wonder if the jury would feel sorry for him.
    Czombie and glockstar like this.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

While I have no problem with shooting home invaders to stop 'threats', this bozo went way beyond HD.
    If he had stopped with the stairway shot he'd probably been OK.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    Meh, I don't feel sorry for anyone that breaks in to a home then gets killed because of it, no matter how they died. I will be every interested in what the verdict would be. I wonder if the jury would feel sorry for him.
    If the story is true I do not feel sorry for this scum bag. Stop the threat. Period...end of story. Idioits like this and folks that "feel" for him make gun owners look like d-bags. Of course i would be ticked of someone robbed me. I would stop the threat and use what legal means I could.

But if he did indeed keep shooting after he needs to be locked up.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    What struck me (among other things) about the story is that she still came down the stairs after he had fired two rounds out of his Mini 14. That had to be loud!

No, none of us gets to play judge, jury and executioner. I am I glad two worthless scum are removed from the gene pool? Yep.
    Czombie and glockstar like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    From his testimony, it sounds like he's convicted himself of two counts of second-degree murder. Why bother with a grand jury when you have some psycho idiot willing to indict himself?

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    With that comment then waiting until the next day he will need an extremely good lawyer.
    The best lawyer in the world would be lucky to plea bargain him into life with the possibility of parole at this point.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Seems hard to believe. Almost like the 'quotes' are fiction from some anti-gunner reporter. Recall how Zimmerman's 911 call was cleverly edited to make him appear racist. I wouldn't be surprised to see same thing going on here.
    Czombie and ETXhiker like this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

VIP Member
    Frankly I hope his confession gets suppressed on technical grounds and the case has to be made, if possible,
    solely on physical evidence. I do not necessarily believe his own story or that he knows what he actually
    did.

I don't like what he says he did, mercy killing instead of rendering aid, but I almost understand it,
    and I have no sympathy for the kids.

I don't understand the self-indictment. He knew he needed a lawyer. He had a whole day to think up a better version of events to tell the police. Not much problem with the first shooting anyhow. He was shot when he came
    down the stairs. The second also could have readily been explained as SD instead of murder.

Not calling the cops and holding the bodies is also potentially explainable by shock.

This guy blabbed his way into a murder charge --as I suppose many do-- and it is sort of sad in the sense
    that he had right on his side at the outset.

I'm thinking that some of his problem stems more from how he told his story than from the actual
    events. I'm still puzzled by the use of "present tense" in the statement, "I want them dead." If that is accurate his
    own account makes little sense.
    glockstar likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links