Mental illness maybe. Not normal behavior by any means.
This is a discussion on BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mental illness maybe. Not normal behavior by any means....
Mental illness maybe. Not normal behavior by any means.
Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato
Not having all the facts I can't form an opinion, But what I read here says this guy is going to do serious time in a prison or mental institution Bad desision all around.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson. Always remember our military. Me
"Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis
Sounds like someone needed to spend less time worried about the 2A and pay a little more attention to the 5A.
Walk softly ...
I live in MN and from what I understand from the law, I'm not sure the first shot was justifiable. We are not a castle doctrine state but can protect our homes in the case of a felony being committed. Is breaking and entering alone a felony? I'm not sure I'd fire on someone after just seeing their hips as he states. What if it had been a family member who was intoxicated?
Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm
"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
--Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney
Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."
Was on FNC today with Megan Kelly.......... and the basic point is that the State Law, as written, may let him off because of the way it is written. Apparently, he (legally) was within his State Written Law rights to do what he did.
No Duh. Check out the way the Castle Doctrine in that state is written.
MN 609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.
The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.
MN 609.06 AUTHORIZED USE OF FORCE.
Subdivision 1.When authorized.
Except as otherwise provided in subdivision 2, reasonable force may be used upon or toward the person of another without the other's consent when the following circumstances exist or the actor reasonably believes them to exist:
(1) when used by a public officer or one assisting a public officer under the public officer's direction:
(a) in effecting a lawful arrest; or
(b) in the execution of legal process; or
(c) in enforcing an order of the court; or
(d) in executing any other duty imposed upon the public officer by law; or
(2) when used by a person not a public officer in arresting another in the cases and in the manner provided by law and delivering the other to an officer competent to receive the other into custody; or
(3) when used by any person in resisting or aiding another to resist an offense against the person; or
(4) when used by any person in lawful possession of real or personal property, or by another assisting the person in lawful possession, in resisting a trespass upon or other unlawful interference with such property; or
(5) when used by any person to prevent the escape, or to retake following the escape, of a person lawfully held on a charge or conviction of a crime; or
(6) when used by a parent, guardian, teacher, or other lawful custodian of a child or pupil, in the exercise of lawful authority, to restrain or correct such child or pupil; or
(7) when used by a school employee or school bus driver, in the exercise of lawful authority, to restrain a child or pupil, or to prevent bodily harm or death to another; or
(8) when used by a common carrier in expelling a passenger who refuses to obey a lawful requirement for the conduct of passengers and reasonable care is exercised with regard to the passenger's personal safety; or
(9) when used to restrain a person who is mentally ill or mentally defective from self-injury or injury to another or when used by one with authority to do so to compel compliance with reasonable requirements for the person's control, conduct, or treatment; or
(10) when used by a public or private institution providing custody or treatment against one lawfully committed to it to compel compliance with reasonable requirements for the control, conduct, or treatment of the committed person.
I was not sayin that the dude is not 'dumb plumb crazy' nor was I defending his absolute outright insanity.............. (all his bells don't ring when struck..).
I was just sayin that there are people out there arguing that he was (without a Judge or Jury ruling) within what is written in the law.
This dude is whacked................................
The dude is crazy as a loon. Let's see what his Lie-yours come up with for a defense.
I don't know enough about either of the teens involved to know whether or not to feel sorry for them (I was young and stupid once. The difference is, I was never caught - statute of limitations has been up for a long time now. Granted, mine was a variation on shoplifting, not B&E), but I have no sympathy for the homeowner if the story turns out as reported.
I don't have any problem with shooting a potential assailant multiple times, even after the threat is ended, because I could well see emptying a magazine without even realizing you had done so. It was walking up and cold-bloodedly putting a bullet in the brain pan from point blank range. That young lady was only a little older than my oldest daughter so there is certainly an emotional component.
Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.
Though it does not justify his (the homeowner's) actions... apparently these kids were involved in at least one other home burglary...
Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013."You are elected to service, not power.
Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
Everything I have read about self and home defense is "shoot to stop" not "shoot to kill"..