BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN

This is a discussion on BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not the way to do it... Minnesota man who killed teens in break-in charged with murder - U.S. News...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN

Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Sickening.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Administrator
    He'll end up dying of old age behind bars.

He played Judge, Jury, & Executioner & the penalty for burglary is not Automatic Death By Firing Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    Not the way to do it...
    You're right, bad, very bad. This gentleman is probably going to end up as the poster child for HCI.

I know I should reserve judgement until a little more investigation has been done, but this one sounds real bad.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

A lot of wrongdoings in that one. Someone even commented that he should have fired warning shots. I guess that would have been better than the way it really turned out though. Sounds like murder to me. Horrible.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Re: BAD - "Execution" of home invaders in MN

Definitely NOT the way to do it. Geez, seemed like this guy was just fed up (if the claims about 8 burglaries are true) or just.. insane for lack of better words.

Id think after being shot And than tumbling down the stairs = threat ended...

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    Czombie likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    "I want him dead," the complaint quoted Smith telling an investigator.

The following day he asked a neighbor to recommend a good lawyer, according to the complaint. He later asked his neighbor to call the police.
    With that comment then waiting until the next day he will need an extremely good lawyer.
    bigmacque likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Wow! How would he even think that any of that was legal self defense?
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    If there is any truth in that article and he acted as the article says he did, then this guy deserves to get any and all punishment the law allows.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    What seemed to be a justified shoot got real ugly, real quick... and only one person knows what really happened as the other two witnesses are dead.

If what he says is true, she had to have heard the shots yet she still came down the steps - then reportedly 'she laughed' after she got shot... that tells me she was one sick individual, who knows what he was dealing with, and I'll reserve judgement on that part.

The part that really bugs me is that he kept them there and didn't call police, he had the neighbor do it a day later. There's something not completely clear there. They say it happened on Thanksgiving but nobody was notified until Friday... that makes it sound like a long time, however if it happened late on Thursday and reported early Friday morning it could possibly be explained, (no phone, neighbor not home, who knows).

Like I said, just too much information missing from this one.

When I came home and found my workshop totally gutted, I was so mad that I would have done the same thing - but as luck would have it, the person that did it got caught and later died in jail. Now, an old man will spend the rest of his life in jail, and the local crime spree has stopped. I do wonder why the Mini 14 jammed.

One wonders if any the physical evidence will back him up...his entire story sounds absurd.
    (e.g. Why would the female go down the stairs following the initial shots? Why the smile?)
    Maybe it was a drug-deal gone bad?
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Dang. Shoots the perps to stop them; then shoots them each in the head to kill them; drags the bodies elsewhere; doesn't call in the B&E crime until a day later; asks a neighbor about finding "a good lawyer"; and finally, he tells investigators "(If) they laugh at you, you go again" and "I want him dead."

Sort of a myth-busting example of what not to do all rolled up into one. Pretty much obliterates the idea that any of those tactics will work wonders, I'd say. Those "dead perps" are talkin' now.

If as reported ...

The verdict is in: In the dictionary under the photo of The Village Idiot, it says "See him."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I seriously doubt that girl was laughing,more like grimacing from the pain of getting shot.I believe in SD and Defense of your home,but this was a blatant cold blooded murder/execution.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Administrator
    Count the number of things this guy did wrong. Or rather what did he do right? Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Dang. Shoots the perps to stop them; then shoots them each in the head to kill them; drags the bodies elsewhere; doesn't call in the B&E crime until a day later; asks a neighbor about finding "a good lawyer"; and finally, he tells investigators "(If) they laugh at you, you go again" and "I want him dead."

Sort of a myth-busting example of what not to do all rolled up into one. Pretty much obliterates the idea that any of those tactics will work wonders, I'd say. Those "dead perps" are talkin' now.

If as reported ...

The verdict is in: In the dictionary under the photo of The Village Idiot, it says "See him."
    Aceoky and ccw9mm like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links