Mystery

Mystery

This is a discussion on Mystery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Shot and hung OR hung and shot. Anyone wanna' take a guess? Grosse Pointe Woods man found shot, hanging in home...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By OPFOR
  • 1 Post By Caertaker
  • 1 Post By OPFOR
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Mystery

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar

Mystery

Shot and hung OR hung and shot. Anyone wanna' take a guess?

Grosse Pointe Woods man found shot, hanging in home
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

VIP Member
    This will be an interesting one to follow.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Sounds like this guy ticked off the wrong hombre. The piece doesn't say if the house had been burgled, but doesn't sound like it. Hmmm....

Wait and see, I guess.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Mrs. Calormine, with the 9mm, in the sitting room. "Hang yourself now, Bob, or I'll shoot."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    There was an episode of one of those police procedurals (I think it was a CSI) in which a man attached a "bungee" type elastic cord to his pistol, with the other end affixed to a point up the flue of his fireplace. He then shot and killed himself, and the pistol went "schwoop" into the fireplace and up the flue. The investigators, of course, were convinced that it was a murder, because there was no firearm found anywhere at the scene! I can imagine being pretty perplexed myself if I was on that investigation. Of course, it being TV, the intrepid heroes eventually discovered what had happened, and everyone lived happily ever after. Well, not the guy who shot himself, I guess....

All that said - yeah, this is a strange case. I would be very interested to hear updates if anyone manages to keep up with the story.
    Rock and Glock and HKinNY like this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Grosse Pointers are rather odd but given the proximity to Detroit nothing will surprise me.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

To close to home. Maybe I should move!
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

mkh
    Does it really matter?

Does it really matter?
    Not to him now.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    There was an episode of one of those police procedurals (I think it was a CSI) in which a man attached a "bungee" type elastic cord to his pistol, with the other end affixed to a point up the flue of his fireplace. He then shot and killed himself, and the pistol went "schwoop" into the fireplace and up the flue. The investigators, of course, were convinced that it was a murder, because there was no firearm found anywhere at the scene! I can imagine being pretty perplexed myself if I was on that investigation. Of course, it being TV, the intrepid heroes eventually discovered what had happened, and everyone lived happily ever after. Well, not the guy who shot himself, I guess....

All that said - yeah, this is a strange case. I would be very interested to hear updates if anyone manages to keep up with the story.
    Yep Great Episode. They found a piece of Ivory chipped off the grip. The vic was part of a Sherlock Holmes Group.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 28th, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    Yep Great Episode. They found a piece of Ivory chipped off the grip. The vic was part of a Sherlock Homlos Group.
    Lesson learned - use a steel framed handgun to stage elaborate suicide/murder scene.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post

In the immortal words of the late Paul Harvey, here's "the rest of the story",

Medical examiner: Grosse Pointe Woods man died from gunshot to the head
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Administrator
    BTW. Correct English. It's "hanged" not hung.
    WvHiker likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links