Good but ugly. Teen shoots father to protect mother.

This is a discussion on Good but ugly. Teen shoots father to protect mother. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Florida teen fatally shoots father in attempt to protect mother, police say | Fox News...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: Good but ugly. Teen shoots father to protect mother.

Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

2. Remove Ads

While it looks to be necessary, I would not call it good. Tragic but not good.

Tragic for sure... I would be surprised if the teen did not warn the dad to stop before firing... Heck, he hit his mom too. Dad must have been in some rage...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Very sad & tragic situation.

I agree it's ugly, but good is a relative term. Bad would have been the man succeeding in beating/choking his wife to death.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

They claim there is no history of DV,but I can't believe this guy went to this extreme the first time,I think the kid knew how violent his Dad was and decided he wasn't gonna let it happen anymore
    Jeanlouise, MrsHB and blitzburgh like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Rough situation, but it looks like the kid did the right thing. If the kid was scared enough that he thought the dad was going to kill the mom, he was totaly justified in shooting. This seems to be reflected in the cops not even arresting the kid.
    Walk softly ...

Based on the the information provided I feel sorry for the kid.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Ugly all around. I'm feeling very bad for the kid and his momma.

It does sound like this kid did what he felt needed doing....... and rightly so if the story is accurate.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The castle doctrine won't apply here, but it sounds like the kid was still justified in stopping a forcible feloney.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I couldn't even imagine. But then again, I could imagine what would be going through my head if I saw ANYONE beating on my mom. That's still going to be a horrible thing to live with for the rest of his life.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Poor kid. He has to live with the fact he killed his Father (even though Dad probably deserved it a loooong time ago). That's a heavy burden for a young teen. I know it's hard for women to walk away from an abuser sometimes, but for the sake of their children, they should.

How many times have we seen the police called, restraining order obtained, father sneaks back to the house one night, kills the Mother and sometimes the kids too.

The boy did the right thing. Rabid animals have to be put down.
    ep1953 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links