Bad: License holder opens up on SUV of teens in FL

This is a discussion on Bad: License holder opens up on SUV of teens in FL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven I'm sure there are many more just like him out there. Our gun rights will be jeopardized due to people like ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Bad: License holder opens up on SUV of teens in FL

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I'm sure there are many more just like him out there. Our gun rights will be jeopardized due to people like this.
    Sig35seven....there is a world full of them indeed...and yes his kind will not help us.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

Re: Bad: License holder opens up on SUV of teens in FL

Especially when carrying, the last thing I want is confrontation. I don't know about you guys and gals but just about every time I go to a gas station I hear loud music. Its never crossed my mind once to ask anybody to turn it down. You get your gas, cigs, milk, whatever and go on your way.

From the reports it seemed like this guy just wanted to use his gun. Enjoy prison, Mr. Done.

-- I don't always post from my mobile but when I do, I prefer Tapatalk.
    msgt/ret, mprp and Lish like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

kids in car with no guns or weapons.

man outside car with gun.

man kills kid in car, with no gun and no weapon.

yeah, this guy is going to prison for 25 to life.

...scratch that, this happened in Florida, so he may get off Scott-free, after they read the kids' Facebook & Twitter posts. Don't believe me? Casey Anthony.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the guy being either drunk or at the very least, had a few so he drove away until he sobered up. I'd also bet he'll be getting used to gray walls soon. Guns and alcohol don't mix, ever. I used to have a few drinks with a local cop friend after his duty watch. He always locked his gun in the trunk of the car before we went in the bar and never got it out until he got home.

Here's an update to the OP's story.......

Teen in SUV shooting comments on Facebook | News - Home
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post

huh.....interesting.

not calling for vengeance. not calling for blood.

just trying to process the fact that he could have been killed, and his good friend is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post

I have to say that as more info becomes available it's starting to look like Dunn probably told them to turn down the music, they likely told him where he could stick his request and he lost his temper and decided to "teach them a lesson." I have said it previously in this thread that I suspect that alcohol played a factor which would explain why Dunn quickly disappeared from the scene and only after witnesses ID'd his license plate cops arrested him at his home. So he didn't even turn himself in as previously alluded to.

His attorney is not doing him any favors by being so rabid in her statements to the press. I have a strong suspicion that this is going to be an open and closed case with Mr. Dunn spending many years behind bars and I can't say that I feel the least bit of sympathy for him. Aside from that he's bringing unwanted attention on lawful ownership and handling of firearms and casting all of us in a really bad light.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by From the 'rest of the story' article
    Dunn's lawyer, Robin Lemonidis, said he saw a shotgun coming from the SUV and felt his life was in danger.

Prosecutor Mark Caliel commented Wednesday about the accusation that there was a shotgun in the victim's car and it was disposed of.
    It's a hard sell, if there was no such gun found.

The description of the prosecutor's comments suggests the alleged victims' car (the Durango) left the scene as well, though this isn't clear from either the original or second article.

Quote Originally Posted by From the 'rest of the story' article
    Several people at the gas station witnessed the shooting and provided police with a description of the car ...
    So, the defendant left the scene. Implies he "ran" and doesn't paint anything in a good light.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It's a hard sell, if there was no such gun found.

The description of the prosecutor's comments suggests the alleged victims' car (the Durango) left the scene as well, though this isn't clear from either the original or second article.

So, the defendant left the scene. Implies he "ran" and doesn't paint anything in a good light.
    Did you watch the video provided in the last link? He not only left, he had to be tracked down and then was arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
    Did you watch the video provided in the last link? He not only left, he had to be tracked down and then was arrested.
    Yes, I did. Leaving was clear. The implication that leaving equates to running (in the minds of many) was the point I was making.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I personally cannot stand the inconsiderate, self-centered fools that assume everyone in the county enjoys listening to the noise they consider as “music” and would like to take a 50BMG to their noise generator (stereo) alas by law I am not allowed to take such actions. From the way this story is reported Dunn will be spending many years as a ward of the state.
    noway2 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Family, friends mourn teen in SUV slaying | News - Home

Here's another update. The teens father has already stated he wants legislation to get guns off the street and he'll persue that after the boy's funeral.
    rigel42 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

The maroon shot up a car full on teenagers, killed one and took off. At most, it would have taken him five minutes to refuel and leave the loud noise behind.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    IMO.. Mr. Dunn should spend the remainder of his natural life behind prison bars becoming an inmate sex toy to 50 or 60 280 lb lifers who have noting to loose or fear. His dance card should be filled for a loooooooooooooooong time.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yes, I did. Leaving was clear. The implication that leaving equates to running (in the minds of many) was the point I was making.
    Leaving isn't running from the law in that case. Maybe it's a bad spot with gangs or other hoods around, or maybe he's worried about these guys or their friends coming at him. Maybe it's a bad spot on the wrong side of town and he just had to get gas. Maybe he's out of rounds. I wouldn't of just waited there for something to happen. He's also got his girlfriend with him. Get real about it. He can't just stay there! Besides that, he's under no obligation to stay legally if he feels it's a justified shooting.

D.J.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links