Good - Surveillance video shows violent confrontation at gas station - Houston, TX

This is a discussion on Good - Surveillance video shows violent confrontation at gas station - Houston, TX within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just look at the militant counter-cultural black reaction. They instantly look like thugs to me when they do that. These Black Panther rabble types! OK, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Good - Surveillance video shows violent confrontation at gas station - Houston, TX

Just look at the militant counter-cultural black reaction. They instantly look like thugs to me when they do that. These Black Panther rabble types!

OK, I don't think it's good to call the clerk an idiot over opening the door. He was talking. He was dealing with the situation. Face to face is the way you have to do it sometimes.

It wasn't just the one black punk with the backwards red baseball cap on. There were two of them. Considering it's not just those two out on the street, and considering there is the potential store robbery aspect with all the violence inherent in a robbery, he did what he had to do. Good for him and I have no problem with the arrogant punk getting a bullet for it.

Also I don't think there was any obligation for the gas station clerk to retreat, especially considering he was at his post essentially. He had a right to defend against two punks on the same side. Plus there was Castle Doctrine. Good shooting. Good for him. Less chance this guy is going to be faced with robbers in the future. People are going to remember the store and what happened. Sets an example.

D.J.
    Last edited by Jollymann; November 29th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
    mg27 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymann View Post
    Just look at the militant counter-cultural black reaction. They instantly look like thugs to me when they do that. These Black Panther scumbag types!

OK, I don't think it's good to call the clerk an idiot over opening the door. He was talking. He was dealing with the situation. Face to face is the way you have to do it sometimes.

It wasn't just the one black punk with the backwards red baseball cap on. There were two of them. Considering it's not just those two out on the street, and considering there is the potential store robbery aspect with all the violence inherent in a robbery, he did what he had to do. Good for him and I have no problem with the arrogant punk getting a bullet for it.

Also I don't think there was any obligation for the gas station clerk to retreat, especially considering he was at his post essentially. He had a right to defend against two punks on the same side. Plus there was Castle Doctrine. Good shooting. Good for him. Less chance this guy is going to be faced with robbers in the future. People are going to remember the store and what happened. Sets an example.

D.J.
    For a punch in the face, feelings of wanting revenge may make some feel better to see that he was shot, including the shooter in this case IMO. However I will have to disagree with you for this incident, but would argue your point for using deadly force in the last robbery that was shown in the report where the shooter in this case was the shootee in that previous robbery. That guy needed a bullet or two.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Administrator
    The store was already officially closed. He actually didn't need to even argue through the door. He could have just gone about his business shutting things down inside and after 5 minutes of just standing outside being completely ignored they probably would have just left to go find someplace else that was still open.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I don't know how I feel about this.. on one hand, I don't think somebody should be shot over a punch and the shooting could of been prevented by both parties. On the other, I wasn't there.

Before I began carrying, I reacted to a punch in the face with a nice combo that usually ended with an uppercut. I can't respond like that now that there's at least one gun in the fight.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

That's a good point, QK. He might of done that. Maybe the red capped kid was impossible to ignore.

That must have been a pretty weak shot to hit the clerk in the jaw without dropping him.

IMHO, The cleark was fighting, not defending himself. However the DA and Police decide to deal with the clerk is cool with me.

I cant believe all the people who wanna talk about the clerk opening the door, SO WHAT these dirt bags are the problem with our country.. They were looking for trouble and they got it. Mabey they will think twice before punching someone in the face. NO respect. And to march? As if their son is an angel, these people are getting way to arrogant and need to be marched back on. Good for the clerck..
    Jollymann likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Im just hurt, said Allexander Calloway. He didnt have to shoot my son. He didnt have to shoot my son.

and i'm hurt that you think your son was an angel... and your son didn't have to act like a jerk and punch someone in the face

i wonder who he learned his manners from... Thugs and even the young generation (my generation unfortunately) have no respect but they want it in return. They walk around like people owe them respect...

one piece of advice for Mr. Calloway and his son... If you want survive in the jungle now days... there is always a bigger cat then you... so when you meet one don't pull its tall.
    ANGLICO likes this.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

According to Houston Police, Akrem Azzam was involved in another incident at a Shell station where he once worked in January of this year.
    The incident involved Azzam’s half sister and her companion. The report says they were confronted by the clerk in the parking lot of the store.
    “When he saw me he got out and (shot) two times in the air,” said Leena Azzam.
    Police said Azzam claimed his half sister and her companion had threatened him and that he feared for his life.
    Azzam no longer works at the Shell station. He could not be reached for comment.
    KHOU 11 News has learned that Azzam has been receiving death threats ever since the incident at the Valero.
    No charges were ever filed in the case involving Azzam’s half sister.
    If that is true,It sounds like this guy is carrying for all the wrong reasons,instead of de-escalating it sounds like he tends to ESCALATE,without hearing what was said at the door it's gonna be tough,but I wonder if he didn't have a gun if he would have had the Kahoney's to open the door?
    Carrying a Concealed Firearm shouldn't be a reason for you to do stupid things you wouldn't do unarmed,such as go walking alone in bad parts of town knowing there is a great chance somebody may try to rob you.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    I can only speak for some of the stations around here, but many in the wee hours are gas only and the only potential contact with the employee on duty is a "night window" for exchanging cash.
    Good point.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links