Bad Fla teen killed @ library

This is a discussion on Bad Fla teen killed @ library within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here a twist the teen stole the gun from a coachs car . Hmm coach did not call it in stolen Hmm part 2 Wonder ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Bad Fla teen killed @ library

Here a twist the teen stole the gun from a coachs car .

Hmm coach did not call it in stolen

Hmm part 2 Wonder if coach always had in car at school

That would be a no go here in sunshine state

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...MYVYtk67COBN6w

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No indication it was in the car "at school," but the stupid have a way of weeding themselves out of the gene pool.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

mkh
    The article says he took it from a neighbor's car in an apartment complex. Doesn't mention anything about a coach.

I saw on the news this morning, they said he got it from his coaches unlocked truck, went to the library and played with it, and shot himself in the eye.

Teach your kids to respect parents/teachers/LEOs/etc.
    Teach your kids not to burglarize.
    Teach your kids not to steal.
    Teach your kids not to screw with loaded guns.

Or bury your kid. Your choice.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    I saw on the news this morning, they said he got it from his coaches unlocked truck, went to the library and played with it, and shot himself in the eye.

Teach your kids to respect parents/teachers/LEOs/etc.
    Teach your kids not to burglarize.
    Teach your kids not to steal.
    Teach your kids not to screw with loaded guns.

Or bury your kid. Your choice.
    Thats the up date thanks .

Also it was stated that the coach had got this from a family member that is now passed on .And it was listed as stolen then

also. So this weapon is on its 2nd stolen round.

Again its not out yet put lets see if it comes out that coach had it all the time in truck and did he drive the truck to school.

Dont think all the facts are out yet ????

You should always avoid leaving firearms in a vehicle and never leave firearms in unlocked vehicle. However I have no problem at all with shooting yourself in the eye after steeling a gun.
    carracer likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    You should always avoid leaving firearms in a vehicle and never leave firearms in unlocked vehicle. However I have no problem at all with shooting yourself in the eye after steeling a gun.
    With you 110% .

I too even this year (and posted about it ) lost a gun to leaving it glove box un locked for 5mins.

Learned very hard way haunts me still but I called it in that 6 th min and reported it .

I may be way off base but I dont think coach is being totally honest.

The kid was just looking down the barrel to see if it was loaded....... Not too smart.

Obviously the kid had not been around guns, or would have known you don't look down the barrel with your finger on the trigger. Too bad 1) his parents didn't teach him about guns, 2) that the truck was unlocked was stupid, 3) that he thought it was OK to get into people's vehicles and steal things out of it. So many things wrong with this one, where do you start ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

You'll put your eye out kid

Again its not out yet put lets see if it comes out that coach had it all the time in truck and did he drive the truck to school.
    Unless the gun was stolen on the School Grounds it wouldn't matter if the Coach had a gun in the truck on School Grounds in the past because you couldn't prove it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    We don't know if it wasn't suicide. I've never seen an article of this type where they even mention that possibility. The person is either cleaning the gun and it "accidentally" discharges" or the gun "accidentally" discharges and the bullet is able to accurately find the head of the poor person who wasn't even holding it. What was that movie where the bullets can go around corners (I think Gene Simmons was the bad guy)?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    What was that movie where the bullets can go around corners (I think Gene Simmons was the bad guy)?
    Found it! Runaway (1984) - IMDb

(Thank God for the Internet and thank God for IMDB!)
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Beach News Journal
    In the library Gautier took out the gun about 3:26 p.m. Nov. 15, Blakely said, and Gautier was either rubbing the weapon to get his prints off it or just looking at it when it fired, the report shows.
    Gotta love the "when it fired" statement. Amazing that the gun just fired when looking at it. Darn gun needs to be arrested and charged with homEYEcide.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    Here a twist the teen stole the gun from a coachs car .

Hmm coach did not call it in stolen

Hmm part 2 Wonder if coach always had in car at school

That would be a no go here in sunshine state

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...MYVYtk67COBN6w
    I hadn't seen this twist, although I had heard the initial story of the teen shooting himself and wondered where he got the weapon. I don't know where the vehicle was parked where he accessed the weapon but I was under the impression it depends on what county you're in here in FL to determine if it's a no go...

790.115 Possessing or discharging weapons or firearms at a school-sponsored event or on school property prohibited; penalties; exceptions.
    (1) A person who exhibits any sword, sword cane, firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade, box cutter, or common pocketknife, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, in the presence of one or more persons in a rude, careless, angry, or threatening manner and not in lawful self-defense, at a school-sponsored event or on the grounds or facilities of any school, school bus, or school bus stop, or within 1,000 feet of the real property that comprises a public or private elementary school, middle school, or secondary school, during school hours or during the time of a sanctioned school activity, commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. This subsection does not apply to the exhibition of a firearm or weapon on private real property within 1,000 feet of a school by the owner of such property or by a person whose presence on such property has been authorized, licensed, or invited by the owner.

(2)(a) A person shall not possess any firearm, electric weapon or device, destructive device, or other weapon as defined in s. 790.001(13), including a razor blade or box cutter, except as authorized in support of school-sanctioned activities, at a school-sponsored event or on the property of any school, school bus, or school bus stop; however, a person may carry a firearm:
    1. In a case to a firearms program, class or function which has been approved in advance by the principal or chief administrative officer of the school as a program or class to which firearms could be carried;
    2. In a case to a career center having a firearms training range; or
    3. In a vehicle pursuant to s. 790.25(5); except that school districts may adopt written and published policies that waive the exception in this subparagraph for purposes of student and campus parking privileges.

I can't figure out how to bold on a mobile device, but from (2)(a) down is where I'm led to believe that at least in some school districts a firearm can be in a vehicle. I don't know if it applies in THIS story, or where the teen ultimately got the gun or if the vehicle he accessed was locked or not...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I can't figure out how to bold on a mobile device, but from (2)(a) down is where I'm led to believe that at least in some school districts a firearm can be in a vehicle. I don't know if it applies in THIS story, or where the teen ultimately got the gun or if the vehicle he accessed was locked or not...
    The Daytona Beach News Journal reports that it was parked outside of his (Odom's) house and not at school and that it had been reported stolen before that as well and not sure how Odom's mother got it.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links