GOOD: NYPD officer buys boots for homeless man - Page 3

GOOD: NYPD officer buys boots for homeless man

This is a discussion on GOOD: NYPD officer buys boots for homeless man within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Its quite simple why he isnt wearing the boots. A shoeless homeless man gets much bigger donations than a homeless man with brand new $100 ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: GOOD: NYPD officer buys boots for homeless man

Its quite simple why he isnt wearing the boots. A shoeless homeless man gets much bigger donations than a homeless man with brand new $100 boots. It's a shame, but the guy knows he wont get as many sympathy dollars rocking a set of Timberlands.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Its quite simple why he isnt wearing the boots. A shoeless homeless man gets much bigger donations than a homeless man with brand new $100 boots. It's a shame, but the guy knows he wont get as many sympathy dollars rocking a set of Timberlands.
    He's apparently also not exactly homeless....

Barefoot homeless man immortalized in photo isn't actually homeless - NY Daily News
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

^ very possible. Big city panhandlers can make serious amounts of money. They just dont make as much if they dont look the part. Some folks realize that they will make far more as a panhandler than with a legitimate job. It's still not an easy life though. We have plenty of panhandlers in my neck of the woods...many live in "tent cities" but still plenty more stay in extended stay motels or govt housing. Most have an addiction problem of some sort, and a large percentage have some sort of mental illness. I'm disgusted by how many veterans are out in the cold. It's a sad problem, but one that is extremely difficult to curb.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    ^ very possible. Big city panhandlers can make serious amounts of money. They just dont make as much if they dont look the part. Some folks realize that they will make far more as a panhandler than with a legitimate job. It's still not an easy life though. We have plenty of panhandlers in my neck of the woods...many live in "tent cities" but still plenty more stay in extended stay motels or govt housing. Most have an addiction problem of some sort, and a large percentage have some sort of mental illness. I'm disgusted by how many veterans are out in the cold. It's a sad problem, but one that is extremely difficult to curb.
    From reading the story, I don't get the feeling that this guy is making big money. He's just got problems that aren't easily addressed.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links