Ugly - Officer Down

Ugly - Officer Down

This is a discussion on Ugly - Officer Down within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.sctimes.com/article/20121...nclick_check=1 not really 2A related, but this happend in the town about 15 min west of me. He was ambushed coming out of his car ...

Ugly - Officer Down

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20121...nclick_check=1

not really 2A related, but this happend in the town about 15 min west of me. He was ambushed coming out of his car (is the prelimanary report).

thoughts and prayers to his wife and 4 young children.

RIP Officer Decker
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

VIP Member
    Why does it most times seems that its the really really great cops that get taken like this.

From article;
    “It’s a privilege for me to talk about Officer Tom Decker. He’s a hometown boy. He was a chief’s dream. Not only did I have no problems with him, but he was the type of officer who accumulated six letters of appreciation and commendations within his short six and a half years with us.”
    END

Makes me wonder what firearm the perp used to penetrate the BP vest.
    Neighbor said they came to him asking about a sawed off shottie. Bizzare.

Sad when they talked about his kids, and them saying all they want for Christmas is their daddy back.

Cops getting ambushed is a fact of life that will never go away, just by virtue of how they respond.
    Last edited by oneshot; December 1st, 2012 at 06:34 PM.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

2xR

Ugly - Officer Down

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and especially his children!

Is it just me or is 1+1=3 here?

Sent from my iPhone 5 - using Tapatalk.

Prayers sent.

The day things like "all I want for Christmas is my daddy back" don't bother me is the day I'll start worrying.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

mkh
    Rest in Peace Tom Decker.

Godspeed, officer.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Why didn't the scum bag just shoot himself if he was suicidal instead of killing the officer that was trying to help him? The other thing I don't understand is why he was only charged with second degree murder?

^^ There's no telling why these suicidal people decide to take others out with them. Especially those who end their own life at the end instead of going out via suicide by cop.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    Why didn't the scum bag just shoot himself if he was suicidal instead of killing the officer that was trying to help him? The other thing I don't understand is why he was only charged with second degree murder?
    Basically it was not premeditated or First Degree. If the DA would try to go after 1st Degree and a juror didn't think it was premeditated, then he could get off scott free. Hopefully 2nd Degree carries a stiff penalty......

in case anyone is interested, the guy they had arrested was let go due to insufficient evidence.

also, over 3,000 people attended the funeral, there were officers/deputy's/state patrol from as far as Montana and Ontario Canada.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

.....insufficient evidence.
    ...?!?
    I hope they get the responsible punk-thug soonest!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I always hate learning of the death of a great cop, especially at the hands of a coward who couldn't just kill himself. Not that I am a fan of suicide either, but why take someone else with you, especially a great servant of the people? Decker's family is in my thoughts and prayers. We have lost one of the truly good guys.

Links