BAD, BAD, GOOD... Released prisoner gets a quick trip back to jail....

This is a discussion on BAD, BAD, GOOD... Released prisoner gets a quick trip back to jail.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Oregon inmate released due to budget cuts re-arrested less than an hour later | Fox News BAD: criminals released due to budget cuts. BAD: released ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh

Thread: BAD, BAD, GOOD... Released prisoner gets a quick trip back to jail....

Oregon inmate released due to budget cuts re-arrested less than an hour later | Fox News

BAD: criminals released due to budget cuts.

BAD: released idiot robs a bank.

GOOD: he didn't get far!!!!!

One hour after being released due to over crowding this idiot robs a bank. Guess he needed the money to get back on his feet??!

2. Remove Ads

Weaver was previously jailed on a parole violation stemming from a conviction of second-degree sexual abuse.
    IMO, if inmates are going to be released due to budget cuts, they could at least pick non-violent inmates.

I looked up what earns one a second-degree sexual abuse charge in Oregon and this guy shouldn't of been released, period.
    AngryBadger417 and msgt/ret like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep1953 View Post
    ....released due to over crowding .....
    Minor clarification but the jail wasn't overcrowded, federal funding was being cut. The county was receiving less money.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    IMO, if inmates are going to be released due to budget cuts, they could at least pick non-violent inmates.

I looked up what earns one a second-degree sexual abuse charge in Oregon and this guy shouldn't of been released, period.
    No kidding. Recidivism is the elephant in the room that gets ignored when people ask why we carry guns.

This catch-and-release budget issue has been brewing for some years, in Oregon. I'm sure it's similar elsewhere.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    They should be released to the direct care of those who cut the budget and decided to release them! You let them loose; you watch them.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sounds to me more like the guy didn't want to be released so he made sure he was going back where he gets free room,board,medical,dental etc.
    mprp likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Agreed, dukalmighty - A lot of these guys are true indeed institutionalized/etc. I was reading an article earlier today where life long criminals were interviewed and such and the consensus was that prison life is easier than being on the streets due to everything you listed.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sounds to me more like the guy didn't want to be released so he made sure he was going back where he gets free room,board,medical,dental etc.
    There is that. Three hots and a cot vs. working for a living.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but people like him should of never been released for any reason.

Sexual abuse in the second degree

(1) A person commits the crime of sexual abuse in the second degree when:

(a) The person subjects another person to sexual intercourse, deviate sexual intercourse or, except as provided in ORS 163.412 (Exceptions to unlawful sexual penetration prohibition), penetration of the vagina, anus or penis with any object other than the penis or mouth of the actor and the victim does not consent thereto; or

(b)(A) The person violates ORS 163.415 (Sexual abuse in the third degree) (1)(a)(B);

(B) The person is 21 years of age or older; and

(C) At any time before the commission of the offense, the person was the victims coach as defined in ORS 163.426 (Crime category classification for sexual abuse in the second degree).

(2) Sexual abuse in the second degree is a Class C felony. [1971 c.743 116; 1983 c.564 1; 1991 c.386 14; 1991 c.830 2; 2009 c.876 2]
    I find it very disturbing how low the sentences for sex offenders is.. I can't say exactly how I feel if I wish to remain a member here.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.

I find it very disturbing how low the sentences for sex offenders is.. I can't say exactly how I feel if I wish to remain a member here. [/QUOTE]

Out of any crime a person commit, I have to say this is right up there with murder and child abuse. Why don't they release the inmates that are serving 10 years because of mandatory sentencing when they have never been violent in there life.
    This kind of thing makes me sick.

Agreed. Non-violent inmates should of been released instead of this monster. Somebody definitely dropped the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Minor clarification but the jail wasn't overcrowded, federal funding was being cut. The county was receiving less money.
    I stand corrected. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Perhaps in that specific jail. But Oregon, for example, has had a long-standing issue at many of its jails with overcrowding and "insufficient" space and funds to deal with the turnover. Only real option is, increased turnover and releasing of "lesser" criminals with (hopefully) lower-impact risk to the community. I suspect this is the case in many states in which funds have been leaned out for years.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links