Bad-NFL Player Kills Girlfriend and Himself-and a Call For Gun Control

This is a discussion on Bad-NFL Player Kills Girlfriend and Himself-and a Call For Gun Control within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Whitlock: After Belcher tragic murder-suicide, why are Chiefs playing? - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN I agree they should not play the game. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bad-NFL Player Kills Girlfriend and Himself-and a Call For Gun Control

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Whitlock: After Belcher tragic murder-suicide, why are Chiefs playing? - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

I agree they should not play the game. But of course a call for gun control.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I saw that while watching collage football yesterday. Tragic story.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    I gained almost 8 lbs. over the holidays. Too much dessert and other stuff that I know I shouldn't indulge in, in any significant quantity. I blame the fork.
    fail_187 likes this.

The NFL said they would try to change the schedule but this late in the season it would be too difficult changing the schedule and keeping competitivness equality amongst the teams.

BTW: The author of the article does not give a hoot about football and whether they should play or not. He is using a tragic situation to push his anti gun agenda..IMO
    aceakarick likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    From the article:
    What I believe is, if he didn’t possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today.
    What a bunch of BS. If he didn't have a gun, he would have used any number of other, equally deadly instruments. What a bozo (referring to the author).

VIP Member
    This is the grief mentality and lack of accountability mentality rolled into one.

What would not playing today accomplish? The player committed a murder-suicide. He does not deserve a moment of remembrance from the general public. Prayers for his family and the family of the victim, but the general public need not pause in response to his terrible acts.

Then there is the failed attempt link gun rights as the proximate cause to the deaths.

Once again we have opinion and argument that lacks even a modicum of critical thinking.

**BIG LONG DESPAIRING SIGH **
    goldshellback and TX expat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    From the article:
    What a bunch of BS. If he didn't have a gun, he would have used any number of other, equally deadly instruments. What a bozo (referring to the author).
    It angers me they are down playing domestic violence. He was a 25 year old NFL linebacker, he could have killed a 22 year old female with his bare hands. They are ignoring a real and serious problem to advanced gun control. It's disgusting.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    The anti-gun parade will always be marching somewhere. Their minds and opinions will not be altered by anyone for any reason.

That's why our voices have to be heard.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Writer is a fool. And the football player was a violent man who let the pressures of life/career get to him. I say violent because they already had a history of domestic violence. WHere were all their friends, fans, team members/staff before?

Sure they should play. Football is a huge business and one man's poor judgement shouldnt be cause to punish everyone else. I feel so sorry for his coach and manager to have had to witness such a thing. If they need time off, of course.

The writer tried to say that if the mother, child, player had died in a car accident, then that would be different, it would be ok to play. I have no idea how that makes the tragedy any different. That is only his personal 'judgement' regarding circumstances he chooses to blame...guns and pro ball.

And for those that think me callous or mean....in any of these stories here in the news section....I come here to vent my frustrations over such stupid acts or sometimes praise the good. I dont bother to choose softer language...it's the Internet and it's not personal. I often take an even harder line on something where I'd be more middle ground, or play Devil's Advocate. To make a point. Venting might make me feel better but I still try to be constructive and do not make personal attacks.
    Sig 210 and skew12 like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Such a tragedy.. I read about this yesterday and browsed over the forum looking for a thread about it but did not see any until today.
    Prayers with the family, friends, team mates and fans involved in this.

It is such a shame that for the most part our news is being so twisted and and worded for the powers of our nation. As stated whether he had a gun or not should be irrelevant. His mental state and what was going through his head, he was more than capable of achieving what he wanted with, or with out a gun. Domestic violence is a ugly thing.

-Jared

VIP Member
    As soon as I heard this I knew the knee-jerk reaction would be more calls for gun control.

I have no idea who this guy is beyond someone with anger issues and impulse control that murdered his girlfriend, then himself. Selfish acts with no regard to the people left behind...especially his baby who now has no parents.

I agree that the game should be played. Yes it's horribly shocking and tragic this happened but it was one guy who did something terrible, what does that have to do with the team?

I feel very sorry for the coaches who had to witness that and of course his team mates that are traumatized too. I think they should be the ones to decide whether to play or not.

Tho other day a man murdered his Father with a bow and arrow, then himself. Where is the anti bow and arrow crowd calling for the ban?
    dben002 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Too bad the scumbag could not have simply killed himself in the woods. Angry men are like that: They often murder innocent folks.
    9MMare and goldshellback like this.

Ex Member
    Darn right they should ban guns. I mean being a professional athlete he just COULDN'T beat her to death could he? Or use a knife? Or use a club? Run her over with a car? Set the house on fire?

Administrator
    On the news they were treating this guy like he was just some poor stressed person "with a lot on his plate" and so "sadly" he took his own life.
    Huh? He murdered another human being and then he took his own life. He died a murderer.
    They seem to be forgetting that there was a victim here AKA another individual who was alive and now is not.
    goldshellback and Sig 210 like this.

VIP Member
    ^^^ Right! Interesting spin from the media huh? "A lot on his plate". Yeah, murder is definitely a lot on your plate.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links