Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting - Page 3

Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

This is a discussion on Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 Can anyone tell me when and where the last lawsuit against a car manufacturer happened after a drunk driving fatality? Why ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Can anyone tell me when and where the last lawsuit against a car manufacturer happened after a drunk driving fatality? Why are people still allowed to own cars? They aren't even IN the Constitution.

Stupidity. Period.
    Or how about banning the NFL and suing the team for drunk driving deaths that result from the sale of alcohol at NFL games where the team was serving alcohol in conformity with NFL guidelines? Makes about as much sense, but then Costas has always been an idiot.
    rottkeeper and pittypat21 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Mr. costas and all those who exercised the poor judgement to air this monlogue need to be terminated. I will be voicing my displeasure. How about you?
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member
    Saw it last night, just pathetic. Really?? They think this happened because he had a handgun? What about the fact HE made a concious CHOICE to go kill his girlfriend and himself??

Yep, going to send emails now. We all should.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I emailed the NFL instead of NBC figured i would have a better chance of receiving a reply that wasnt freedom of the press response. I asked since he is representing the NFL as a commentator I am guessing he is expressing the views of he NFL and that I was not aware the NFL was against gun ownership.

VIP Member
    A reporter from New York City thinks handguns are bad. Shocking.
    kerberos likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Suicides have been partly attributed to the neurological injuries suffered over a career of playing professional football. The KC player also apparently suffered from pain and migraines. Perhaps if the KC Player and other players that committed suicide could never had played football they would be alive today.

How many sports writers are leading with that argument?
    RoadRunner71 and oakchas like this.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Are you kidding me? NFL Anti-gun crap?

Fox News has the story out so it will get plenty of attention now.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by Stan6406 View Post
    I emailed the NFL instead of NBC figured i would have a better chance of receiving a reply that wasnt freedom of the press response. I asked since he is representing the NFL as a commentator I am guessing he is expressing the views of he NFL and that I was not aware the NFL was against gun ownership.
    The NFL has unequivocally banned CC in every establishment they possibly can. To say the people running the NFL are 2A friendly, would probably be wrong.

Still, sending the message we don't like this nonsense being spewed can't hurt.

I didn't watch the game last night but I saw Costas' rant on Fox news. Using a sport that people watch as entertainment as a forum for gun control is unacceptable.

If Costas wants to get political he needs to go on MSNBC and do it.
    rigel42 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    The NFL has unequivocally banned CC in every establishment they possibly can. To say the people running the NFL are 2A friendly, would probably be wrong.

Still, sending the message we don't like this nonsense being spewed can't hurt.
    Its all in the way you phrase it. I didnt ask why they don't allow CC in the stadiums I asked them why they are against gun ownership and 2A. I might agree you don't want a bunch of drunk football fans running around with guns. I highly doubt I will receive a reply either way.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Is it an accident, or is it part of the new plan to brainwash the public into thinking we need more control...
    Now you're getting the picture. Yes, IMO, microphones and mouthpieces are leveraged for agendas. It's the real value of them, beyond merely informing and educating. Advertising/promotion is what it is, with the goal of swaying opinion.

Offed television years ago. Give me a good book or other activity, any day of the week.
    RoadRunner71 and Pistology like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

mkh
    I disagree with using the game as a bully pulpit for raves against guns. But...my guess is that the majority of football fans are probably pro gun and his rant was wasted on deaf ears.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Made me want to puke, thanks for ruining football for me Costas...

As to the argument that without a gun this would not have happened, this guy was in a full rage when he killed her. His mother was standing right there, he put nine rounds into his girlfriend. An NFL sized linebacker in a full jealous rage (she told him she was leaving him and suing for child support) can easily kill a young woman any number of ways.

What disgusted me was what I knew would happen if the Chiefs played, the moment f silence, tears for a dead comrade, etc. I wonder how the dead girl's family felt about a moment of silence that included her murderer.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I didn't watch the game last night but I saw Costas' rant on Fox news. Using a sport that people watch as entertainment as a forum for gun control is unacceptable.

If Costas wants to get political he needs to go on MSNBC and do it.
    Or FOX news
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I caught the tail end of it but thought it didn't carry any weight. Costas does opinion pieces every week on SNF, I wouldn't think he's speaking on any of them for the NFL or even NBC. If that's what he believes then so be it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links