Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

This is a discussion on Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Horrible situation? Yes. Blame the gun? No. If guns kill people, then how do gun show attendees ever make it out alive?? The American people ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

Horrible situation? Yes. Blame the gun? No.

If guns kill people, then how do gun show attendees ever make it out alive?? The American people need to wake up. Unfortunately, if you give the sheeple plenty to graze on, then you can push whatever agenda you wish.
    8th ID likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Horrible situation? Yes. Blame the gun? No.

If guns kill people, then how do gun show attendees ever make it out alive?? The American people need to wake up. Unfortunately, if you give the sheeple plenty to graze on, then you can push whatever agenda you wish.
    Well, to be fair most gun shows make you disarm.................................
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Everyone needs to write/email the NFL.

So, rather than have the cojone's to say.... "I think handguns are a plague on society." Widdle Bobby can say "This is what another guy thinks about gunzez, and I might as well just quote him verbatim, 'cause I don't have an independent thought of my own.... Or the stuff to actually voice my own opinion."

Widdle Bobby is a talking head that has never played any sport... but knows about many of them... He makes every sports fan "feel good." He knows when to be worshipful (old ball parks, old players), and knows how to bring the kids into the game...

In other words, he's a chameleon. Good Boy Bobby. All fluff and no stuff... The ultimate talking head.

I have more respect for a rabid anti who says what he/she thinks and feels, than for a namby pamby that can only articulate others' thoughts; all with a slimy, derisive smile/smirk.

I used to "kinda" like him... but there was something there that didn't feel right.... this brought it to light...

He's a living, breathing internet troll/guru/expert on everything sports... that has never held a bat, a ball, a glove, a gun.... but he knows alllll about 'em, and will tell you all you need to know, if you just listen. But, he's not anonymous, like the internet expert.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Everyone needs to write/email the NFL.
    Tell them you are going to watch one more game to list the names of the sponsors, then let them know you're going to contact them, telling them that as long as Costos is on the air you won't be buying anything from them.

These people couldn't care less about your views. What they do care about is your money.
    Stan6406 likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Well, to be fair most gun shows make you disarm.................................
    True, but with all those evil guns sitting around, I can't believe they don't just jump up and start shooting the attendees .

I had to stop reading the comments, some people are so NAIVE and stupid it's hard not to respond.

unbelievable.....if he hadnt had a gun "he" might be alive today...guess it would have been hard to commit suiside by strangling urself to death. so many ways to kill a person but to hear the liberals, guns are the only thing to ban..i dont get their reasoning.....

If O.J. hadn't shot Nicole with that knife she would still be alive... ohh wait... never mind.
    rigel42 likes this.

VIP Member
    Bobby should stick to what he knows best football, wait he is not that great at that either!

VIP Member
    I now will have to boycot anything "Bob" is invoved with,this just made me write another check to the NRA.....

Shut off all programming 8 years ago. Have never regretted it.
    ccw9mm and Pistology like this.

Here is the NBS Sports E-Mail Address to Lodge a complaint against the Costas Rant:

nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com
    rottkeeper likes this.

Of course the illegal prescription drugs and legal but over the practical consumption of alcohol had nothing to do with this murder suicide either... Want to write about your outrage?

Maybe you'd like to let NBC know what you think:

nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

This is what I sent:

Bob Costas gun rant has no place during a football game. I would demand an apology or is this also NBC’s position on this issue? I don’t attend music concerts to hear a political rant so why would someone want to hear this from a sports announcer during a football game? What has his personal rant to do with football? Bob needs a vacation real soon. Actually, immediately after his apology to all us legal and responsible gun owners. Why didn’t Bob mention the illegal use of prescription drugs and over use of alcohol? Because Bob has a personal agenda which he obviously feels safe spouting off on an NBC broadcast. Hopefully, we will be able to tune into a different sports channel next time Bob is on TV. I’m done with him and NBC sports channel that support him.

Sincerely,
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Thanks for the address. Emails sent. It was pathetic and Costas is an idiot. It belittles the actual tragedy and moves the focus from the problem to an inanimate object. Coping mechanism for people who can not deal with the truth.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links