Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting - Page 6

Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

This is a discussion on Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This should be a debate about mental illness and not gun control....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Fox Sports Author Blames 2A for KC Chiefs Shooting

This should be a debate about mental illness and not gun control.
    rottkeeper likes this.

VIP Member
    We're missing an opportunity here:

Often times someone will begin a thread with the link to some news media poll about gun ownership, and we members actively vote on that poll. We should start something similar to that with these anti-gun opinions as in this thread. We'd probably be wasting our time sending an email to the "mouthpiece", but I would love to have an email address to their station, newspaper, agent, advertisers, network or whoever.

You especially start sending an email to their advertisers (who pay for commercial time) and you mention that you will curtail buying their product..........you'll hit 'em where it hurts.

Letting them continue to spout off anti-gun stuff unchecked, and it'll only get worse, undermine our 2A stuff, and we'll wake up one morning wondering how that anti-gun law got passed.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    It's one more thing setting the ground work to [attempt] to create an anti-gun public. Just as MTV, mainstream news, hollywood stars, movies have long worked at a PR campaign of making conservatives look bad to the point where if you ask a non-political person that doesn't follow news, "what party is evil", their knee-jerk reaction is "republicans". This one instance won't do much, no, but if they continue to do so it can have an effect.
    Thats why we need to work on electing , or advocating for , as many pro gun democrats as possible. Betting on the one team wont work forever. We dont need pro gun party's or pro gun movies, we need a pro gun country.

As for why the republicans are viewed as the "bad guys", I wont touch that.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    We're missing an opportunity here:

Often times someone will begin a thread with the link to some news media poll about gun ownership, and we members actively vote on that poll. We should start something similar to that with these anti-gun opinions as in this thread. We'd probably be wasting our time sending an email to the "mouthpiece", but I would love to have an email address to their station, newspaper, agent, advertisers, network or whoever.

You especially start sending an email to their advertisers (who pay for commercial time) and you mention that you will curtail buying their product..........you'll hit 'em where it hurts.

Letting them continue to spout off anti-gun stuff unchecked, and it'll only get worse, undermine our 2A stuff, and we'll wake up one morning wondering how that anti-gun law got passed.
    Boycotts almost never work, if they did Bill O'reilly would have bankrupted Canada and France 4 times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    Boycotts almost never work, if they did Bill O'reilly would have bankrupted Canada and France 4 times over.
    lol, i agree. i'm for supporting businesses you agree with, not boycotting businesses you don't (or at least making a stink about it).

I am from Kansas City and Whitlock has been a sports writer for the local paper here for a long time. He is an ego maniac with an inferiority complex!
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    Thats why we need to work on electing , or advocating for , as many pro gun democrats as possible. Betting on the one team wont work forever. We dont need pro gun party's or pro gun movies, we need a pro gun country.
    I agree, however they are dwindling by the day. That's why I like the NRA so much. People make the NRA out to be some far-right group, but all they care about is how politicians vote on 2A things. They rate all politicians, R and D, the same way. Some cases democrats get a better grade then their republican counterparts based on past voting records, etc.

If it wasn't for Alcohol there wouldn't be people killed by someone driving drunk, if there weren't cars no one would be killed in a car accident.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by virg View Post
    unbelievable.....if he hadnt had a gun "he" might be alive today...guess it would have been hard to commit suiside by strangling urself to death. so many ways to kill a person but to hear the liberals, guns are the only thing to ban..i dont get their reasoning.....
    I'm sure Kansas City has a lot of 10 story buildings he coulda jumped out of.
    You want a list of ways one can off oneself without a gun? Oh well everyone knows (you would think) but the brain dead just let these people TALK and they seem to believe it.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
    If it wasn't for Alcohol there wouldn't be people killed by someone driving drunk, if there weren't cars no one would be killed in a car accident.
    or matches starting fires.

This is such garbage, I cant take it anymore.. I swear if people use common sense they know a man like this who murdered his girlfriend was gonna do it regardless of a gun or not. In fact she probably went faster then if he used a knife or a pipe. Its the people behind the guns that are the problem. Nobody I know that has a gun or many guns has ever shot anyone in all the time I've known them. It seems to be a culture problem more than anything...

We are being disarmed, the time is now I believe that the One world system wants us disarmed for a reason. Its all about control.. If we even let them take 1 gun its over. Ask yourself Why do they want to disarm the people? Simple answer is because they cant do what their evil agenda is while we are an armed public... I hate the direction we are heading in. I wish Men would be men like in the old days! Tough, Where this bum in cheif would not even think to try and disarm us.. Sorry Im a little pissed right now

What is even more crazy is the fact that NO ONE is treating this person like a murderer or a BAD GUY. Everyone is treating him like he's the victim and he had no choice (even though we don't even know his motive yet.

Here's a great article about the whole Costas thing last night - Bob Costas interrupts football game to bash gun owners | The Daily Caller
    rigel42 likes this.

"What I believe is, if he didn’t possess/own a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today."

I think this is absolutely a possibility. I am also completely pro-gun.

The country is leaning left and a lot of people are anti-gun for some very legitimate reasons. Mass shootings are a problem, and a huge portion of the populace thinks the solution should be more laws that restrict ownership. If you are serious about preserving gun ownership (freedom), then maybe the arguments of "inanimate object, murder has always been around, blame it on the steroids, etc." need to be adjusted.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    It's simple really...

Anti gun people justify gun control based on criminal activities (murder, suicide).
    Pro gun people justify gun ownership based on legal activities (competition, hunting, protection).

Ask a criminal if he thinks you should have a gun, he'll probably say no.
    Ask someone who has been beaten and raped if they think they should have a gun, they'll probably say yes.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links